Oc 9/27-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oc 9/27-28

Fished the Rt 50 bridge and the inlet for a few hours saturday evening and most of the day sunday looking for Tog and Flounder. Beautiful weather and a pretty good bite but alot of undersized fish and bsb to weed through to get to the keepers. Tog all came on green crab, either the small ones I caught around riprap (preferred) or the larger ones chunked. Caught them around the south Jetty, throughout the inlet and around various structure by the bridge with most fish going 12-14.5 inches. They seemed to be holding in 10-15 fow. Totaled around 30-40 with 2 at 15" and 15.5".

Targetted flounder mainly in the west channel dragging gulp / bucktail combos from on top of sandbars down into the deeper water. The flounder were there with some very small blues banging the silversides, lots of flounder were coughing them up as I brought them in the yak. White 4 inch gulp swimming minnows caught most of the fish. Landed 40-50 with the majority under 10 inches but 3 keepers at 16.5", 17", and around 21". People (lots and lots of people!) were also fishing the middle and east channel and catching fish, the best seemed to be coming on live bunker or other large minnows in the 4 inch range along the chunked concrete on the east shore.
    Last edited by chimo; 09-29-2014, 07:16 AM.

Nice going. Ive heard the flounder bite in OC has been nuts the past week or so. Glad to see the tog are cooperating now. No sign of the sheepies?

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

That's a lot of catching, wow!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        No sign of the sheepies?
        Nope, had a couple strong fish come unbuttoned around the inlet but who knows.

Comment

awesome day
          sigpic

Comment

well done chimo and thanks for the report!
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Good to see the tog bite is picking up! Did you try fleas? Wondering if I hadn't caught many tog lately because I was using fleas instead of crab? I've only caught maybe 6 tog over all my trips while trying for sheepshead over the last month or so; you got 30 - 40 on green crab. hmmmmmm.....
              Brian

Comment

Oc 9/27-28

No fleas, anglers only had frozen so I bought a dozen larger green crab and picked more out of the riprap. Using the small ones, about the size of a quarter, right on the bottom did the trick.

Chimo

Comment

30-40 Tog must have been a blast even if they're small! Nice going!
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a great day. Congrats
                    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                    X