Black pack by YakAttack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black pack by YakAttack?

I was thinking about going to pick up one of these black packs for my fishing rod and tackle management. Does anyone have any experience with these or other brands that might be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BlackPak is spacious, versatile and well-made.

It was a wise purchase for me and my fishing style.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I think they are great,only problem for me is they won't hold 3700s which are what I prefer.if you use 3600s or some other system it should work well for you.if they fit the bigger boxes I would own one.

Comment

Thanks for the help just went down the street and picked one up!!

Comment

Look forward to seeing you put it to use. Post up how you get it configured.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I just got it all hooked up. I like how sturdy it seems and all the extras that I can put on the sides are going to be awesome. A lot of space for everything inside the box. As you can see in the pics I strapdown pretty securely with the bungees on my kayak and my new flagpole bungee holds it open. That is a 3700 series Plano tacklebox in there but you can probably only fit about three or four because you have to turn them sideways to get them out but they do fit. I'm going to love this thing!!

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics. I was on the fence about the black pack but now see how it can work for my setup.
              2014 Hobie Pro Angler
              2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

That's a lot bigger than I thought. You could easily put five 3700 trays in there...
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  That's a lot bigger than I thought. You could easily put five 3700 trays in there...
                  You can fit the 3700 trays but you can't pull them straight out so you have to have enough room to turn them sideways and then pull them out so I think it would only be able to fit maybe 4.....or 5 lol

Comment

Originally posted by KDT88 View Post
                    You can fit the 3700 trays but you can't pull them straight out so you have to have enough room to turn them sideways and then pull them out so I think it would only be able to fit maybe 4.....or 5 lol

I put three 3700's and one smaller size, (not sure what model number?) in my 12"x12"x10" milk crate that Travis gave me. They are the "waterproof" versions, and still has room to put more "stuff" in.

I have to put the 3700's in standing up though.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

I can carry more tackle in four or five Plano 3640 boxes than I'll ever use on a single trip in mine, plus a rope, a towel, food, water and bug and sun spray.

But what I like the most is that I easily installed Scotty mounts on the sides in the pre-drilled holes to hold my fly rods.

Also, as mentioned above, the existing bungee cords on my Revo lock it down nicely.

It's just a quality-made piece of gear that has improved my fishing experience.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Yeah I should have said that the 3700s will fit but I could only get 3 in there because of having to turn them to get them out.I usually Carry 4 plus a worm binder.I'm a tackle junkie I guess.lol.

Comment

I can hold 4-5 3700 boxes and a worm binder. I have found if you lay them down u can stack them.. instead of putting them on the side trying to turn n slide in.
                          Zach Moore
                          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                          Bait Towel Pro Staff
                          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

hmm ill have to check it out id like to make it work, its a real nice piece of equiptment.

Comment

Working...
                            X