Rocky gorge today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky gorge today

Fished from 5am till noon no bass just catching a lot of perch and crappie Bassmore your still the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Donny B.
    OK Big Game Prowler

Decided to put in at Scotts Cove this morning since last weekend I bent my mirage drive on a hidden log about 1/4 mile from the Browns Bridge ramp. I cannot believe how low the water level is throughout the reservoir. Did manage to land 1 smallmouth [correction: largemouth] after about 4 hours of nothing but beautiful scenery.
    IMG_0703.jpgIMG_0705.jpg
    Last edited by DrJoel; 09-27-2014, 05:01 PM.
    Joel
    2014 Hobie Outback (Ivory Dune)

Comment

Originally posted by DrJoel View Post
      Decided to put in at Scotts Cove this morning since last weekend I bent my mirage drive on a hidden log about 1/4 mile from the Browns Bridge ramp. I cannot believe how low the water level is throughout the reservoir. Did manage to land 1 smallmouth after about 4 hours of nothing but beautiful scenery.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13517[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13518[/ATTACH]
      That's a largemouth...and a nice looking one.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Nice fish. That's a largie tho.. Smallies are brown and dont have the black stripe.
        Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
        Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
        Northern Pike: 24 inches
        Crappie: 12 inches
        Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Thanks guys! I didn't think the jaw was right, but what do I know - I'll take the LMB any day!
          Joel
          2014 Hobie Outback (Ivory Dune)

Comment

Originally posted by DrJoel View Post
            Thanks guys! I didn't think the jaw was right, but what do I know - I'll take the LMB any day!
            The color is easier to identify the fish than the jaw. LMB jaw goes past the eyeball; SMB the jaw goes to the center of the eyeball.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

I was at browns at 6 am and decided to try tridelphia due to the 6 foot low water levels... there was 8 boats and 5 kayaks at the green bridge boat ramp.. heard of 3 bass caught n 2 stripper all day.. brutal day fishing across the state from what I'm reading
              Zach Moore
              Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
              Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
              YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I bet the Upper Potomac smallies cooperated today. I was thinking about them as I literally moved a pile of dirt as big as a VW Beetle, spread it along my driveway, and put some sod on top.
                Too much work. I kept thinking about all the Upper Potomac smallmouth bass I could have been catching. Hopefully, I'll hit the river this Friday, 10/3.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                  I bet the Upper Potomac smallies cooperated today. I was thinking about them as I literally moved a pile of dirt as big as a VW Beetle, spread it along my driveway, and put some sod on top.
                  Too much work. I kept thinking about all the Upper Potomac smallmouth bass I could have been catching. Hopefully, I'll hit the river this Friday, 10/3.
                  Dan M - I was hoping to fish the Upper this weekend but when i checked the river gauge at Point of Rocks it was showing 1.0 feet...which was 2/10ths of a foot lower than the previous trip i took, 2 weeks ago...which i felt was loooow...What are your thoughts? Which stretch do you feel held enough water...I was going to do Brunswick to Lander...ended up going to Black Hills and having a decent day.
                  Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

This time of year is my favorite on the Upper Potomac. I like fishing low and clear water in September and October.
                    Historically, I've done well fishing top water plugs or buzz baits all day long this time of year. I've also done well swimming a green pumpkin grub or throwing a safety pin style spinner with a 1/8 ounce jig head.
                    I've done well pretty much anywhere from Harpers Ferry, down to above Great Falls this time of year.

Comment

I did Tridelphia on this past Rainy Thursday, from 0800 till 1700hrs, only caught 4, but were all quality fish, 2 lbs or more. And i was the only Yak or water craft in the water all day! I heard that in Fall they let the water run low so the up coming winter run off fills it back up. Saw a bunch of fish going air born running thru a shad school, but every time i paddled to get there they had moved.
                      Ryan
                      BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
                      Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

Working...
                      X