Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Those are healthy looking fish!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice fish Perchy and a beautiful day out. What color spinner baits are working for you? How deep are you catching them?

Comment

Tom, I'm using 3/4 oz terminator colorado willow spinnerbaits. You can order them here: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Termi...e-TT1CWSB.html

Dave posted a link to a youtube video that Jeff Little made about the technique. The fish were caught along drop offs in 5-15 ft of water.

The hot shad and yellow perch colors have both worked for me.
        Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
        Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
        Northern Pike: 24 inches

Comment

was the water level down? few of my buddys just left there saying the water level was down about 3 feet
          Zach Moore
          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Nice fish, Perchy! Sounds like the WSSC reservoirs have turned on. Triadelphia was about 3-3.5 ft low when I was there last Sunday 9/14/14.
            John D.
            2015 Hobie Revolution 13
            GO RAVENS!!!
            GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
              was the water level down? few of my buddys just left there saying the water level was down about 3 feet
              I was out last Saturday and again on Thursday (Gorge, between Browns Bridge and 29). It was noticeably lower on Thursday. 3 feet sounds about right, maybe a little more.
              Joel
              2014 Hobie Outback (Ivory Dune)

Comment

Yeah the water level was definitely drawn down about 3 ft. Here is one I caught a while back slow rolling. The 3/4 oz weight and larger profile seems to get these lures noticed and they can be fished slower than crankbaits and are heavy enough to stay deep.

image.jpg

Comment

In July 2006, using a 3/4oz spinnerbait, I paddle trolled up a 4.8 lb LMB at dawn off the shallow mainlake shelf/point just downriver from the stumpfield. Some guys at the stumpfield were gracious enough to weigh and photo it for me after I paddled furiously up on them in excitement. Thought it was a five for sure... but they said "Nope!" (you're still a patzer). At the time I thought I found a secret weapon. They work for sure.

Comment

Went today...tried to launch at Brown's no dice....no water. Went to Scotts...1st cast got a 13 incher, nothing after that. Once the sun came out everything shut off. Should of gotten there earlier w/ the fog & overcast conditions.

Was there a few weeks ago and today I was getting depths 5-7 lower today...Res has dropped significantly.

Comment

Launched at Scotts cove today myself. Was gonna try BB but after reading about the low water decided not. Didn't get there till about 10:30 and fished till about 5.
                      We got 6 LMB's but all were small. Also caught a small WP and 14.5" crappie.

Got the crappie on the 1st cast of the day tossing a chrome rattle trap near a laydown and a real nice size bass was following the crappie in. Thought right away this was gonna be a great day but didn't work out that way. Probably stayed in that cove to long hoping for more. It was about the only cove with decent laydowns with the low water. We had a school of big carp swimming around us in the shallows but couldn't get them to take anything. Kept trying to snag one with the rattle trap....lol. I guess they were carp. Only fish I know of with yellow lips.

Finally left the cove and decided to see how far it was to the 29 bridge so I trolled the rattle trap and a fire tiger crankbait. Picked up another small LMB on the rattle trap on the way. Went under the bridge and picked up another small lmb just passed the bridge.

cr.jpg
                      Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 09-22-2014, 02:28 AM.
                      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

A couple pics I snapped the ramp.

20140921_110952.jpg

20140921_111007.jpg
                        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Went out before sunset and caught two more on the spinnebait... Here is the larger one:

image.jpg

Comment

Good to know. I've fished the gorge twice from browns bridge launch. Will be giving the spinner a bit more play in the future. Haven't launched from Scott's yet, but that is the plan for next time. Good lookin catches.
                            Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                            Tarpon 120
                            Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                            25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                            Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Working...
                            X