Another first fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a wonderful day you had !

So much for worrying about catching Spot ! ROFL.....

I just picked up a couple of these type umbrella rigs... and pushing attaching the tough plastic baits is difficult on the "teasers."
    I guess you guys make a hole with something and then push the plastic through the clip.
    The Glups probably push through easier... but I would rather have them with a hook attached... I'm too cheap to put Gulps on the teasers for they most likely will get chomped in a quick.

Comment

congrats on a banner day!! hope it's just the begining for a great fall fish for you!!! keep hooken em up!!

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
        What a wonderful day you had !

So much for worrying about catching Spot ! ROFL.....

I just picked up a couple of these type umbrella rigs... and pushing attaching the tough plastic baits is difficult on the "teasers."
        I guess you guys make a hole with something and then push the plastic through the clip.
        The Glups probably push through easier... but I would rather have them with a hook attached... I'm too cheap to put Gulps on the teasers for they most likely will get chomped in a quick.
        I replaced the three (of five) swivel snaps with larger ones that I clipped the bent part off of, that way putting the snap through the nose of the teaser is easier. The umbrella rigs I bought came with jig heads and tails. The two tails that were on the jig heads got torn up by the end of the day; the teasers don't have an extra mark on them.

When the the rest of the tails that came with my rigs are destroyed they will be replaced with Zman DieZel MinnowZ.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

You caught a trout north of the bay bridge? Holy crap that's awesome. I didn't know they went up there. I never caught one. Was it up in a river or main stem? If you don't want to say that's ok.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              You caught a trout north of the bay bridge? Holy crap that's awesome. I didn't know they went up there. I never caught one. Was it up in a river or main stem? If you don't want to say that's ok.
              Main stem.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Awesome catch had freind hook a trout at the mouth of Stoney creek 10 years ago never seen one since but I guess they get north occasionally
                D Hawk
                Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
                Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I've hooked a keeper trout a little ways out from poplar island before.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                    I've hooked a keeper trout a little ways out from poplar island before.
                    I don't know what size, but MOC said he caught reds and specks on the flats around Poplar Island last year.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                    X