Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Temps Are Down/ Any Severn/Magothy River Action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Temps Are Down/ Any Severn/Magothy River Action?

The Thomas Point buoy indicates a 5-6 degree drop to @ 75 degrees in the last 7-10 days. I haven't been out since my Wye River excursion last Monday 9/8.

Any reports on the western shore rivers heating up with rock/blues yet? I would think it's high time.

Last Saturday I caught 13 Rockfish at the mouth of the severn.Biggest one was 18 inches. The water temp was about 79 to 80° then and I noticed that it cooled off a lot since then so I'm going out tomorrow or Saturday to see what's going on. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've fished the Magothy twice in the last two weeks (including Sunday evening) and have landed several hard-fighting 16" rockfish. Action is definitely picking up.

Comment

Steve -

As far as I can tell, the stripers and bluefish are hanging out near the mouth of the Severn still and for the most part have not migrated well up into the river. I hope they do make that journey this fall, but we will need to wait and see.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I picked up several 10-11 inch perch off Jonas Green last Sunday. I also caught a 12 inch Pike.

I am planning to troll to the river mouth from JG on Saturday morning.

John
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Gents. Looks like it's starting to heat up as the weather cools down. Keep the reports coming, and I'll do the same when I can get out.

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
              I picked up several 10-11 inch perch off Jonas Green last Sunday. I also caught a 12 inch Pike.

I am planning to troll to the river mouth from JG on Saturday morning.

John
              Northern Pike? Didn't know those would be in that water.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Water Temps Are Down/ Any Severn/Magothy River Action?

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                Northern Pike? Didn't know those would be in that water.
                He probably meant chain Pickrell

Comment

Originally posted by KDT88 View Post
                  That makes sense, I've heard of them being in the area...haven't seen one yet. LOL
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by KDT88 View Post
                    Yep. Not being a fresh water fisherman, they are all the same to me. He gave me a nice fight on my ultralight outfit.

John
                    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post
                      The Thomas Point buoy indicates a 5-6 degree drop to @ 75 degrees in the last 7-10 days. I haven't been out since my Wye River excursion last Monday 9/8.

Any reports on the western shore rivers heating up with rock/blues yet? I would think it's high time.
                      Some things have come up so I can't go fishing as soon as I wanted to. I'll probably go out Sunday morning and I will post on this thread my catch

Comment

I'll be launching from Jonas Green tomorrow morning if anyone's keen!
                        J

Comment

Just launched from Jonas green at about 5 o'clock. I fished until about eight catching nothing but 12 to 18 inch stripers. That's about the same that I've been catching for the past month or two so no.... I don't think the action is picking up but hopefully it will soon!!

Comment

Fished Saturday morning for a couple hours. Got a couple fat schoolies, 14-16". Lost eight or ten plastics to blues. Definitely better. Also saw a 19" caught. Round Bay and north.
                            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I fished in Weems on Mon morning. In 2.5 hours of casting to areas that usually hold fish, I caught just 6 perch and one large pickerel. The wind built steadily while I was out there.
                              John Veil
                              Annapolis
                              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                              X