No announcement yet.

October meet and greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am planning to be at meet and greet. Was talking with you in store-have wooden kayak-looking for fish finder setup.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting some folk in the annapolis area. I bought the kayak to mainly fish streams and reservoirs, so can't say I am rigged well for these waters? Any thing I can pick up at bass pro that'll help me get a fish in the yak?
      Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
      Tarpon 120
      Ascend D10T

Personal bests
      25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
      Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Originally posted by Yakie_Noodle View Post
        Awesome! Looking forward to meeting some folk in the annapolis area. I bought the kayak to mainly fish streams and reservoirs, so can't say I am rigged well for these waters? Any thing I can pick up at bass pro that'll help me get a fish in the yak?

If I were in a paddle kayak, I would use Storm Shads or some type of that lure, in a pearl or white color, for trolling. Small paddle tail jigs work also. If you go back and read some of John Veil's threads on shallow water trolling using jigs, that would help. A deep diving crankbait in a chrome or white. Rattle Traps in chrome always work well, casting or trolled. Some 1/8 or 1/4 oz jig heads and Berkeley Power bait twister tails work trolled or casting. I forget the actual name of the Powerbait "saltwater" shads, in 3" and/or 4", with a twister tail. The small jigs can also be used to work rip-rap areas and around piers. This may help some.

Comment

1/2 oz jig heads, white or red and 4" Zman paddle tails (both in the saltwater section of BPS). Get the tails in white, electric chicken and opening night. Opening Night was the best color last Friday for me. White has been producing all summer.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
            I forget the actual name of the Powerbait "saltwater" shads, in 3" and/or 4", with a twister tail.
            Powerbait or Gulp? I think the Gulp are called "swimming mullet".
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Very cool. Thanks Dogfish and Cowpokey! I'm only about two months into this but it is all I think about! Spend my free time watching YouTube videos, so I'm really hooked. Looking forward to my next kayak purchase in the spring.
              Tarpon 120
              Ascend D10T

Personal bests
              25 &1/4" Pickerel

Comment

Very cool. Thanks Dogfish and Cowpokey! I'm only about two months into this but it is all I think about! Spend my free time watching YouTube videos, so I'm really hooked. Looking forward to my next kayak purchase in the spring.
                I'm constantly looking at ways to learn more, and happy to share anything works....with exception of exact locations that I catch fish. I don't mind putting up where I launch from, so somewhere within 4 miles of the launch is "the spot"...that's still a lot of water.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Oh, one more thing. Don't put the tails on "weedless", I was doing that until the last couple trips and who knows how many fish I missed...my guess would be A LOT, because I kept getting bites and when I would pull it in to check it the tail would be pulled down to the hook bend. Now that I've been putting the hook in so it is exposed I miss very few fish.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Wish I could go but I work on Saturdays you all have fun though.. get some fish!!!
                    Maria
                    GO RAVENS!!!
                    D10 Ascend
                    http://c85c7a.medialib.glogster.com/...lers-2-png.png

Comment

Sounds like a great time, Unfortunately I will be in Chincoteague fishing that weekend.
                      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                        Powerbait or Gulp? I think the Gulp are called "swimming mullet".
                        That's it, "Saltwater, Swimming Mullet." I just could not recall that one. They catch just about everything.

Thanks.

Comment

I can't make it as I am going out "with a shotgun" that day. Just so you all know it is the Opening Day of Early Duck Season. There are lots of Blinds above that launch sight and I will bet you're going to see some shooting that day also. The first week they kill off many of the dumb Marina Mallards. You can see the licensed blinds on this link to see where they are.

Don't go paddling up to look at the clusters of ducks, because they are plastic and that's where the shotguns are.
                          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

There has not been any problem in the last three years, on the same weekend for the meet and greet. The only blind that is actually visible is the one on the point of Cherry Tree. Its not been brushed yet. This time of year the South River is still quite active with boats.
                            Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-24-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I launch close by. If it's not too windy, I'll keep an eye for you guys.
                              2014 Hobie Pro Angler
                              2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                                I can't make it as I am going out "with a shotgun" that day. Just so you all know it is the Opening Day of Early Duck Season. There are lots of Blinds above that launch sight and I will bet you're going to see some shooting that day also. The first week they kill off many of the dumb Marina Mallards. You can see the licensed blinds on this link to see where they are.

Don't go paddling up to look at the clusters of ducks, because they are plastic and that's where the shotguns are.
                                Very cool link thanks!
                                Tarpon 120
                                Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                                25 &1/4" Pickerel

Comment

Working...
                                X