No announcement yet.

October meet and greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the weather forecast holds up, an overcast day with NNE wind at 9 mph will be excellent. The river will be flat.

Comment

My car that carries my kayak just blew its transmission yesterday on my way to work & shortly after hitting 300k miles so it's in the shop. If I get it back on friday then I will join you all.
      If it's not ready i could still join you all if someone has a tandem & needs a partner or a spare kayak that you could bring for me. Is this a possibility? If so,
      I would meet you @ the launch & help you unload the kayaks.

Comment

I'm planing to be there for both fishing and lunch

Comment

Dogfish- Thanks for organizing and hosting. I plan to be there for fishing but not for lunch.

I fished out of Briton Beach last Sunday and caught a bunch of undersized stripers on a white paddletail (I used Zman) with a white jighead. It was a ton of fun, so I'm definitely looking forward to Saturday.

Thanks!

Comment

Welcome, and it will be fun to see all who attend.

The directions are on the first entry of this thread on page 1, to the launch and to lunch.

I will be at the gate at 6:00am for the early birds. I will open the gate with my entry card.

When the automatic timer opens the gate at around 7:00, you can enter, and the launch is at the end of the parking lot, towards the marina, just over the log.

After you unload and launch, please don't park in the fire lane or loading and unloading area. Park back beyond the fire lane signs. Thanks.

Lunch will be around 2:00 at the Smoke House Tavern. I have a section reserved.

It looks like good striper weather, overcast. You may need some rain gear early. The wind is forecasted to be out of the NNE, 4 to 7mph at varying times of the morning, which will be across the river. That does not give chop time to build. So, it should be mostly flat conditions. Any questions, just post here over the next few days, and I will answer. Looking forward to seeing everyone. The fishing looks to be pretty good.

For those with VHF radios, I would suggest we use channel 68 for the meet and greet. Thanks.
            Last edited by DOGFISH; 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I haven’t been in my kayak since the tournament. Life has gotten in the way!

I’m really anxious to join you this Saturday and plan to be there for fishing and lunch.

Thank you DOGFISH for organizing.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Was really hoping to make this one but been on 12 hour days all week and don't get off till 6am Saturday and 12s next week too. Maybe next time.
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

I'll be there, lunch too.

Comment

Is there a contingency plan for the bad weather we're expecting or is it rain or shine??? I'd be good if u changed it to Sunday. Please post and let us know... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one concerned about the weather
                    Tom Brown
                    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

It is a rain or shine event. It should not be bad, a little wet in the morning, and if anything prime rockfish weather. Of course it may not be prime rockfisherman weather. Its not nearly as bad a forecast as last year, and we did well. Keep track of the weather on Intellicast http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USMD0010. The water conditions should be flat in the river. A 10mph wind from the North is not bad for the river. It may limit the main bay access depending on the extent of the wind. The forecast is for 5 to 10mph out of the North. The lower end will be ok for the bay. Last year it was blowing 15-18 with rain all day and the river was flat, but we did well.

Good luck.
                      Last edited by DOGFISH; 10-10-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry I can't make it Don. I need to make this New England trip. Tight lines everyone!
                        2015 Outback
                        2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

See all in the morning.

Comment

I worked too late so I am out for this one. Have fun everyone! Last year was great even with the wind and rain.
                            2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                            Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

I was really looking forward to this, but after all the miles I put on trolling today and going out with most of the same crew Sunday, I'll be sleeping in and restocking energy.

Hope you all knock it out of the park! Look forward to the report(s).
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

I was not signed up for this one due to family obligations, but a small window opened up, so I may at least try to join everyone for lunch at 2pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X