Heading to Cherrystone this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to Cherrystone this weekend

........ this time it is to get estimates on repairs from hail damage from the Tornado in July ......... might have some fishing time though. Taking the yaks with me.

As usual, got a place to stay if you are going down.

Where exactly is that???
    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Virginia Eastern Shore .......... on the Bay ........ 3 miles from Oyster (ocean side) ......... by Cape Charles ....... 10 miles from the CBBT

Comment

.......... Sure glad I took the yaks and rods ........... Met a couple that really had Cherrystone dialed in ........ They were catching 2 to 4 keeper flounder a day from the piers at Cherrystone. Those are the first flounder I saw caught there in all the years going there. I did what they did and caught 2 keepers in 3 hrs fishing Friday evening and Saturday day.

On Sunday afternoon, I was finally able to get out on the yak and caught 6 shorts, 3 small specks and several sea robins and other fish in 3 hrs. ............

Sure opened my eyes .......... They were catching flounder up to 22" in 1-3 ft of water in broad daylight regardless of the tide using 1/8 to 3/8 jig heads and different plastics fished slow and finesse ....... Twister tails, etc

We were the only ones catching ........... It was the same as usual for the others .........

Comment

Nice report! Thanks and congrats
          John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
          Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Way to go Rick. Thanks for your fishing report.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
            X