X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea.
    Mike

Comment

Looks good CP... I think in the long run you might like to move the mount as close to the top of the crate as you can.
      That way the Hawg will have more support....
      Oh, and I was thinking about your comment to foam for the "lures" that you saw on my post in lighting...

One thing is go to Target now or whoever... cause the "noodles" will be taken off the shelves soon if not already.
      If they are, well... you could always go with this..... for organizing your lures with foam :-)
      Lots of landscape there to hang all your gear.

Last edited by rob-kayak; 09-18-2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
        Looks good CP... I think in the long run you might like to move the mount as close to the top of the crate as you can.
        That way the Hawg will have more support....
        Oh, and I was thinking about your comment to foam for the "lures" that you saw on my post in lighting...

One thing is go to Target now or whoever... cause the "noodles" will be taken off the shelves soon if not already.
        If they are, well... you could always go with this..... for organizing your lures with foam :-)
        Lots of landscape there to hang all your gear.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13435[/ATTACH]
        ^I should get one of those.^

Edit add: Yeah, I might want it up higher, but hopefully it will be fine the way it is.
        Last edited by Cowpokey; 09-18-2014, 04:03 PM.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
          Very creative.
          I'm pretty sure they invented pvc tubing just for kayak fishermen.
          thumbsup.jpg
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
            Great idea.
            Thanks! Any luck convincing Mrs. Mweber02 that you need a kayak upgrade yet? Think of how much healthier you'll be getting out on the water for some exercise more often because you get a new kayak.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

After 5 or 6 hours on the bay last Friday, all I gotta say is, "Why did I wait so long to start using a crate?" Talk about convenient, I could grab a tray out of the back and put it away without any hassle at all.

The Hawg Trough mount worked great! I had my board in and out measuring fish all day and it it was easy to do with out even looking by the time we got off the water.

I took the hand gaff out once and put it back (just for an on the water test), it stays out of the way and nothing got hung up on the bungie cord wrapped around the rocket launcher.

Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Very nice a good instal! Do you have any plans for the upright tubes?

Comment

Originally posted by eyedaddy View Post
                  Very nice a good instal! Do you have any plans for the upright tubes?
                  Not unless I get more fishing rods or a net...so, nope.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                  X