Fall large mouth tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall large mouth tech

I'm thinking about tryin some large mouth fishing what would be some good technics to try I'm thinking either tridelphia or mattwomen

At Tridelphia, i've been having luch with Squarebills, Swim Tails softbaits, and Jerkbaits, they've been coming up shallow to feed on Shad as the weathers been cooling down. I normally don't go to Mattawoman in late Summer or Fall, water Grass takes over there!
    Ryan
    BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
    Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

I have been doing well slow rolling chartreuse/white spinnerbaits to imitate shad... new technique learned from youtube videos
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

A swim jig is good presentation right now. On the tidal potomac that pointed nose on the jig comes right through that grass. You can burn it back just under the surface (just like a spinnerbait) or swim it deeper in the water column. You can also swim it over a piece of cover and then let it drop to the bottom. Just need to keep trying different retrieves to see what triggers them that day.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Tridelphia should be heating up

Look for points with drop offs.. and creek ledges..

i like to throw rattle traps this time of the year, and square bills. and spinner baits.. of course im going to hit a piece of structure with a jig or worm

but i cover alot of open water with the rattle traps

i usually do well with blue gill color

fish are trying to fatten up for the fall time, the cooler the nights the more active they are going to be
          Zach Moore
          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
          X