Tri State Yak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri State Yak Fishing

Fished the Fenwick Ditch this past Thursday,Launched from Harpoon Hannah's, Interesting they let you launch during the off season, current not bad, winds 10-15 mph, caught a few small flatties on buck tail with teaser. A lot of tails bit off of gulp.

Fished Chincoteague on Friday, Launched from Memorial Park, winds 15-20 mph, rain most of the time. Stay out of the main channel to eliminate the currents and the winds. Fished with fresh bait. Caught a lot of little stuff, spot, croaker, kingfish.

Fished Assateague on Saturday, Launched out of state park before the bridge. Not the best time to launch, 10-15 mph winds, over cast, incoming tide. Did not catch anything but had a great time. Trying to troll bucktails with teasers. I did learn never again to launch on and incoming tide with winds from the north. After about 3 hours of paddling I headed back to the launch site. I did make it over to the island and back without flipping.

The only reason I posted this report on the general forum, is so I did not have to post it on Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia forums. Can't wait to go back.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403
Working...
X