9/11/14 Quick Kayak Crabbing Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11/14 Quick Kayak Crabbing Report

Pulled out the trotline for the first time this year on the Western Shore and had some luck. With lack luster reports I disnt know what to expect. Didnt make it out until around 8:00am and crabbed until 1:30. Had at least 2 or 3 on every run and ended with 44 nice dark crabs. 600' trotline with chicken necks. Crabs were tasty and cant wait to eat more today watching my [/URL]
    [/URL]

Wow wow! Nice job
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Good size crabs good job
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Nice bunch you got there! Do you have a pedal drive or trolling motor for yours? I've gone out a few times there, and had a tough time running and paddling, even with using the current. Hoping to crab out there one last time.
        J

Comment

Jmam I have an Ocean Kayak Torque so I have a integrated motor and 100% hands free when running the line. Makes for easy runs as you can adjust as you go no matter what the wind/current is doing.

Comment

Nice catch there
            Mike

Comment

Nice Job Foursteps!

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                Jmam I have an Ocean Kayak Torque so I have a integrated motor and 100% hands free when running the line. Makes for easy runs as you can adjust as you go no matter what the wind/current is doing.
                +1 on the Torque!

Nice catch Foursteps. Now you got me all fired up. Time to rig up a trot line.
                Any tips on buying or making snoods?
                2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I bought my 600' trotline from one of the fishing shows that takes place during the winter from a vendor that was selling all crabbing gear. This is his website here http://www.stackablecrabtraps.com/snoodstrotlines.html . Dont bother waisting your time making a line because its not worth your time. It would take forever to make that many snoods (approx. 100). Just buy the line already made then all you need is two floats, two 2-3ft pieces of chain , two anchors ,and extra rope. I sent you a PM. I had someone show me the ropes when I started so more than willing to do the same. We will talk more as there are a fee ins and outs when getting started.

Comment

This picture is from a previous trip I did but it can show you my set up

Comment

From the basket I did pretty good that day. This picture was from two years ago because crabbing was terrible last year and I didnt fill a bucket last year. LMAO

Comment

I bought my 600' trotline from one of the fishing shows that takes place during the winter from a vendor that was selling all crabbing gear. This is his website here http://www.stackablecrabtraps.com/snoodstrotlines.html . Dont bother waisting your time making a line because its not worth your time. It would take forever to make that many snoods (approx. 100).
                        Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to sit down in front of the TV and start tying tonight.

Comment

Thats my preference but if you want to spend time doing it then go right ahead. Lmao. Once its done its done. I spent $125 for a 600 foot line . As many crabs that Ive caught I have made that money back in a couple trips if not one trip. If you need anything or questions just let me know

Comment

Thats my preference but if you want to spend time doing it then go right ahead. Lmao. Once its done its done. I spent $125 for a 600 foot line . As many crabs that Ive caught I have made that money back in a couple trips if not one trip. If you need anything or questions just let me know
                            I hear that.
                            At $125/dozen it wouldn't take long.

Comment

If you wanna go cheap, I use braided masons twine and heavy wt hairties for the snoods.
                              John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                              Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                              2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X