No announcement yet.

2014 CBKA Live Broadcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a report of a small speckle trout being caught.

Comment

Sent from my YakPhone using Tapatalk
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Mike S.
        Hobie Outback

Comment

Mike S.
          Hobie Outback

Comment

Mike S.
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Mike S.
              Hobie Outback

Comment

Fish check-in

Mike S.
                Hobie Outback

Comment

2014 CBKA Live Broadcast

Awaiting tournament results

Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback

Comment

This is medicyakers wife. If anyone sees him at the tornament, please have him contact me so I know if he is coming home tonight or tomorrow. His phone is broken. Thanks.
                    Tom Brown
                    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

He's coming home tonight

Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

K, Thanks.
                        Tom Brown
                        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                        2012 Hobie PA 14'
                        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Great pictures and updates. Sure wish I knew how to fish in that saltier water. Anyone want to teach an old phart how to do it and what equipment is needed?
                          http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                          484-459-9863
                          If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                          *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
                            Great pictures and updates. Sure wish I knew how to fish in that saltier water. Anyone want to teach an old phart how to do it and what equipment is needed?
                            I learned everything I know from Goody, I'd be happy to share ALL of his secrets. Muhuhaha!!!!

Here's the first one: Buy bait, so you don't have to waste time catching it...I never actually tried this, and haven't seen him successfully do it on any of the trips we fished together this summer. Seems the spot are in short supply at the bait shop. Catching spot hasn't been terribly productive either, since he hasn't shown me any secret honey holes for catching them. That's probably because he likes to buy them. LOL.

On a more serious note, I've learned a lot from everyone I've fished with...yes Goody too.

As for equipment, 6-7 foot Medium to Medium/Heavy spinning or casting rods, with matching reels and 20# braid is what I've been using for trolling and live lining. Lures, jigs, spoons in white, silver or chartreuse that are in the 1/2oz range (give or take) and 3-5 inches long.

Caught all of my striper yesterday trolling 1/2 oz jig heads with 4" white Z-Man paddle tails. The Z-Man are really soft and crazy strong; which makes them bluefish resistant when other tails get bitten in half.
                            Last edited by Cowpokey; 09-14-2014, 10:41 AM. Reason: red
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey;96131a
                              I learned everything I know from Goody, I'd be happy to share ALL of his secrets. Muhuhah!!!!

Here's the first one: Buy bait, so you don't have to waist time catching it...I never actually tried this, and haven't seen him successfully do it on any of the trips we fished together this summer. Seems the spot are in short supply at the bait shop. Catching spot hasn't been terribly productive either, since he hasn't shown me any secret honey holes for catching them. That's probably because he likes to buy them. LOL.

On a more serious note, I've learned a lot from everyone I've fished with...yes Goody too.

As for equipment, 6-7 foot Medium to Medium/Heavy spinning or casting rods, with matching reels and 20# braid is what I've been using for trolling and live lining. Lures, jigs, spoons in white, silver or chartreuse that are in the 1/2oz range (give or take) and 3-5 inches long.

Caught all of my striper yesterday trolling 1/2 oz jig heads with 4" white Z-Man paddle tails. The Z-Man are really soft and crazy strong; which makes them bluefish resistant when other tails get bitten in half.
                              I too owe Goody a debt of graditude. never fished with him but soaked up a lot of info from him at spsp. launch last year. I did see It work for him!!!

Comment

tough fishing for me! i only caught a dink rock and 1 white perch casting to grass

IMG_20140913_064527_996.jpgIMG_20140913_071426_966.jpgIMG_20140913_072011_323.jpgIMG_20140913_073631_451.jpg
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X