SH fishing Thursday 9-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH fishing Thursday 9-11

I was debating whether to go or not but I'm glad I did. I launched around 5:30 on incoming tide. I started working around the mouth of the creek. Fish were active, I can hear them hitting top water. I got my first strike after 10 mins, it kept missing it. As I lifted the frog out of the water, a small SH leapt out of the water. I knew I had to slow down a bit but my heart was racing hard. I made another cast, and as I was reeling in I saw in the corner of my eyes that another big strike on the top of the water. So I reeled my lure back fast. It was a big mistake, another SH chase my lure all the way to the kayak. But fish were very active so eventually I landed my first SH, after it start to drizzle. I pressed on and landed a big one 33 inches. After putting the big one in the bag, the rain came and I was soak. I paddled back all wet & happy. All that action happened in less than an hour
    uploadfromtaptalk1410481581883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410481593343.jpg

Well done! [sarcasm] Taking two more of those invasive rascals out of the water is sure to eliminate them....LOL. [/sarcasm]

I watched a show on NBCSN today, they were fishing for SH down in Florida and caught a BUNCH of them. None that big though.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      Well done! [sarcasm] Taking two more of those invasive rascals out of the water is sure to eliminate them....LOL. [/sarcasm]

I watched a show on NBCSN today, they were fishing for SH down in Florida and caught a BUNCH of them. None that big though.
      Florida is another species of SH, it's a smaller cousin. Their world record is roughly 12 lbs I think. I'm sure we have some 18+ lbs in Potomac. I'm gonna find it, give it a pad on the back for surviving the carnage of bow hunting and let it go on its way!! The big 33 inches today was pushing it, I was debating whether to release it. I have too many friends & family member that want SH so it goes in the bag.

Comment

What did the 33"er weigh?
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

What did the 33"er weigh?
          I haven't weight it, its easily over 10 lbs

Comment

Should bring it to the tourney so Mustafa can use it in the demo and grill it for us.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Should bring it to the tourney so Mustafa can use it in the demo and grill it for us.
              Unfortunately I can't make it to the tournament. If anyone want to pick it up and bring it to the tournament. I'll be happy to donate it

Comment

So this is official! Every time I don't show up, you catch them. I knew I should have come on Thursday, I had a feeling. But they said it would be a thunderstorm. And it wasn't really afterall.
                Good job man!
                “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_on_a_Tarpon View Post
                  So this is official! Every time I don't show up, you catch them. I knew I should have come on Thursday, I had a feeling. But they said it would be a thunderstorm. And it wasn't really afterall.
                  Good job man!
                  It rained hard though. I got soaked. There was no lighting, that's why I went

Comment

I like the way you tell a story, especially "I paddled back all wet & happy". Congratulations on some fine snakeheads.
                    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Nice catch! There are still elusive big SHs out there. My buddy hooked a monster briefly earlier in the week that spit the frog back at him. I picked up a much smaller one than yours the 1st week in sept but today I was catching big 22-28" blues.

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
                        Nice catch! There are still elusive big SHs out there. My buddy hooked a monster briefly earlier in the week that spit the frog back at him. I picked up a much smaller one than yours the 1st week in sept but today I was catching big 22-28" blues.
                        Nice. Are you catching blues at the tournament? That's some nice size blue

Comment

Unfortunately, I could not enter the tourny due to work.
                          I was catching those blues in Assawoman Bay.

Comment

Was this in your secret spot again? I haven't been out in awhile for SH, but everytime i see your posts about another SH it makes me wish i hasn't at work.
                            I fish everyday that ends in "Y"

Comment

Originally posted by NateFishyMan View Post
                              Was this in your secret spot again? I haven't been out in awhile for SH, but everytime i see your posts about another SH it makes me wish i hasn't at work.
                              No, I caught it at another place

Comment

Working...
                              X