Severn River fishing report and CBKA tournament pre-fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River fishing report and CBKA tournament pre-fishing

Call my first keeper rockfish at 18 1/4 inches but other than that a lot of small fish. Had lots of fun but don't know if it'll be good enough for the tournament😤 Just barely a keeper at18 1/4 but I'll take it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're working hard. Very nice. The blues look like good size too.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

The blues are going crazy right now. I catch more of them than the rockfish I'm going for.

Comment

Nice job, what are you using out there right now?
        Shawn
        2015 Ascend FS12T Angler Kayak - Desert Storm - 12'

Comment

this set up and I have another Alabama rig with a rattletrap on it. Works great!

Comment

Dang... those care some perfect sized blues for frying. My preferred size. Wonder if blues that sized are also in the Patapsco??
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I used my paddle-powered Manta Ray 14 this morning to troll from Jonas Green to the mouth of the river. I found blues to 16" in mid-depth (did not have a FF with me today -- estimate 13-20 ft) and stripers to 16" in shallow water (<5 ft). The fish were not abundant -- I caught the blues in a relatively small area, and the stripers were spread out over my target area. All fish were caught on 3" to 5" paddletails. Today white and gold were the preferred colors -- chartreuse was not hit much.

I have gotten used to trolling from a pedal-drive kayak. You can still troll successfully from a paddle-powered kayak, but it is more complicated.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Cool!! I've been catching a lot of blues in that same area but only up to maybe 13 inches. I'm actually about to go out there right now and do some live lining and jigging around the bridge. I caught a couple 16 inch striper there last time. I would like to go a little further out to the mouth but don't have time today so just trying to make a quick trip.

Comment

Working...
                X