New Definition - Kayacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Definition - Kayacht

Was really bored and thought about the new wider and longer Kayaks that have hit the market or will be hitting the market. Jackson Kayak Krachen, over 15 foot long and 30 inches wide, Hobie PA 14, way over 30 inches wide and a little over 14 foot long. So to introduce a new definition into the dictionary: Kayacht - A Kayak that is wider and long than the average kayak on the market, further defined as 30 inch or wider, 12 foot or longer. Any other brands you can think of. Damn I need to get out on the salt. Sorry if you think this is stupid, but I thought the sound of (kayacht) was pretty cool.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Well, with only a 29" beam, my 13' 10" Torque alas is just a plain ol' kayak... and not the Motor Kayacht I thought it was.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Fishing is slow....but good to know my Outback fits int this new definition. 🎣
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Wilderness Systems Thresher 155 (15' 6" long and 30" wide) built for the offshore and stable enough that you can stand up, look around and say "yep, no land in sight anymore"

http://www.wildernesssystems.com/com...resher-140-155
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Horizon is eight miles...would it be an over night trip to get out far enough to not see land with a kayak?
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I've paddled 18 miles in a day before. In a slower 11' kayak too. Not out of the realm of possibility.

Not talking about the guys that ride out in boats and drop kayaks off in the deep either. Real kayak fishing should start from launch to landing.

Comment

I think it is pretty easy to average 3 miles an hour paddling a kayak (3 hours out, 9 miles)
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

There is an actual kayacht. Has a built in motor and seats that face each other. I believe a cooler too. It's kinda cool looking

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                  I've paddled 18 miles in a day before. In a slower 11' kayak too. Not out of the realm of possibility.

Not talking about the guys that ride out in boats and drop kayaks off in the deep either. Real kayak fishing should start from launch to landing.
                  Yeah, launch to landing for me too. I've done over 15 miles in a day, kind of tired by the end.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

I'm lookin at the new Revo 16. I guess its just the adventure rebranded? either way its tempting for some of my longer flounder trips. I average 7-10 miles on those and you can never have too much speed! I fear its just a marketing gimmick, though, similar to the way people say the revo 13 is faster than the outback (its really not).
                    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by freshstripes View Post
                      There is an actual kayacht. Has a built in motor and seats that face each other. I believe a cooler too. It's kinda cool looking
                      http://www.kayacht.com/
                      Might be interesting to show up at a Meet & Greet with their Electric Fun Boat.

kayacht-fun-boat.jpg
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Bahahahahaa

Comment

Damn, and I thought a came up with a new definition. Oh Well. Can't win them all.
                          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

An old man kayacht

I have an ocean kayak trident 15. The actuall length is 15 feet 7 and a half inches. After paddling all day i realized i was a little arm weary to lift it onto my pick up. I'm 71 years old and over estimated my ability. I'm now walking three miles a day plus lifting weights and using that navy seal roller ball for abs. I'm trying to find another kayaker to go fishing. It would make loading much easier.

Comment

FAST: if you see what I do with my trident 13 you'd probably laugh but I have two of these rollers and I mount one on the front of my hood and one on the windshield since I have a spoiler on the back of my car making it difficult to load. It works out well for me offloading it and loading it on the car. I use saddle mounts so it's easier.

http://m.rei.com/product/853261/seat...d|54042510520|

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X