Vantage seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage seat

Has anyone else had problems with their back killing them once getting off the water.

I've never had back pain in the old pro angler seat but this one I am dying in.

It's so bad I've considered selling it for a big rig.

Anyone else ?
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

I have had the same problem after sometime on the water. I must say that I am not sure the changes in the new 2014 seat, but what might help is putting a pillow on the seat. I use a throw pillow on my seat and even though I still have to take a break and go to the standing position, It has extended my time in the seat by 2 hours beyond the seat without the pillow. There is a 12 sec vid that shows an air pillow seat modification someone posted to youtube. With the pillow your center of gravity is a little higher but now I am used to it without noticing when making sharp turns in the boat.

Comment

I was having that issue until someone suggested the upper seating position. It was much better for me.
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I use the upper position. N I stand most of the day fishing
        Zach Moore
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I haven't had a problem, maybe the standing is your problem. I know when I stand in mine a lot i feel it in my feet and lower back. I have been considering the SeaDek since its a lot thicker and padded. Also have you messed with the pedal position maybe your knees are to high up, since I have gotten mine I mess with the pedals the lumbar, reclining and the seat raising till I find the sweet spot.
          Travis
          Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
          Orange Old Town NEXT
          USN

Comment

I am a paddler, thinking about a hobie in my future. I really like the paddle, but am thinking with the issue with back issues, has Hobie addressed these issues. I have seen the 2015 outback. looks like a seat upgrade, Love the seat in my Cuda 14, no back issues, seeing these comments makes me wonder if it is worth the money.
            Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
            Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

[thread highjack]

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
              I am a paddler, thinking about a hobie in my future. I really like the paddle, but am thinking with the issue with back issues, has Hobie addressed these issues. I have seen the 2015 outback. looks like a seat upgrade, Love the seat in my Cuda 14, no back issues, seeing these comments makes me wonder if it is worth the money.
              I have a 2014 Outback and lower back problems, the current Outback seat doesn't bother my back. I'm interested in seeing the new Outback, I want to get another Outback and pass my Outback on to my daughter.

[/thread highjack]

I thought the PA seats were supposed to be the bees knees...I'd agree with Travis, it might be a positioning/settings issue.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Been doing some research n it seems these seats do bother a select few people.. guess maybe I'm just un lucky
                Zach Moore
                Bait Towel Pro Staff
                2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

How can you blame the seat when you stand most of the time .. lol. JK

The PA seat has so much adjustability you just need to find what works best. Being to comfortable may not always be whats best for your back. I know I probably have mine in to much of a reclining position but it just feels great and I feel like im in a lazy boy out there on the water.

Lately I've been getting a pain (after about 6 hours) in my right buttock cheek. But I also get the same in the cuda seat. I have had problems with a bulging disc every few years and I guess its starting to act up again.
                  2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                  2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                    I noticed recently that my Jackson Elite seat seems to fit nicely in my 2014 Outback. I plan to try it out tommorow to see how it affects stability.
                    Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Yeah I got in a car accident about a year ago.. a fender bender but my lower left right next to my spine hurts sometimes.. alot from this seat. But I've tried alot of positions.. I may try sitting straight up haha
                      Zach Moore
                      Bait Towel Pro Staff
                      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I was wondering if the jackson lumbar support would work on the vantage seat as well.. the lumbar on the vantage is kind of worthless to me
                        Zach Moore
                        Bait Towel Pro Staff
                        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                          I was wondering if the jackson lumbar support would work on the vantage seat as well.. the lumbar on the vantage is kind of worthless to me
                          Zachary,
                          I have the jackson lumbar support and it works great. Should fit on any seat that it can wrap around. You can try mine. When we meet up again.

Comment

Harry id love to try it before investing the money thats for sure.

i plan on being there for the CBKA. im not signing up for it, but ill be there to fish and for the door prizes lol

i may try it out there for a few minutes or something.

its only 50$ with shipping,

ive actually seem some one get the new jackson lumbar the thermo pillow. and they said that works great to
                            Zach Moore
                            Bait Towel Pro Staff
                            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                            X