Terrapin Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrapin Park

Launched out of Terrapin Park on Friday 29 of August . The weather was fairly decent, no high winds or chops. It was about 82 degrees out and fairly clear. Fished from 10-2:30 on an out going current. Trolled 3 rods in the beginning, 2 with plastic swim shads, one in brown and one in white, and sebile sardine colored crank bait. The plastic got an immediate hit after going out 2 minutes later. Turns out the blues bit both of them in half and wrapped one on a crab pot rope (nice). After getting untangled, I trolled towards the bridge and got another hit on the sebile. This time it wasn't going anywhere. I got the blue in and it unhooked itself inside the kayak. Trolled myself to the bridge and lost 2 more swim shads. The odd thing is I also hooked up on 2 stripers on the half bitten swim shad. ?? Anyways I changed them to Zman swim minnows and had no more bite offs. I end up catching 4 blues that were landed and 3 or 4 that unbutton themselves before I could get them in. Had a total of 12 stripers ranging from 12" to 18". Took home 3 blues and one striper. One of the blues got out of my hand when I attempted to clean it in out on the water.

Stomach contentes of the blues.
    20140831_110816.jpg

Musgouf Blues. My version smoked with mesquite. Will post picture of fully cooked fish.
    20140831_105214.jpg

Fully cooked.
    20140831_120149.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Goody; 08-31-2014, 12:34 PM.

Outback 2015
    Maui

No going goody! Thanks for the report, I haven't been back to the bridge since I last fished it with you. I miss it.

Sent from my YakPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Haha, I know the feeling on losing a fish while cleaning it. Yesterday I lost a blue because his face ripped off at the gill and came through the stringer.

Comment

Great job Paul!
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

nice man. Fished out of spsp today. tough getting bait. wound up with one 23" striper. One spot de-butted, the blues are around!

Comment

Nice, those blues are crazy! I might try to make it over there next week
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              Nice, those blues are crazy! I might try to make it over there next week
              I'm planning on going at the same time next week probably. I'll let you know.

Mobile

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                Haha, I know the feeling on losing a fish while cleaning it. Yesterday I lost a blue because his face ripped off at the gill and came through the stringer.
                I thought it was dead already but it proved me wrong and jumped out of my hand. Lol

Mobile

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Originally posted by chex View Post
                  No going goody! Thanks for the report, I haven't been back to the bridge since I last fished it with you. I miss it.

Sent from my YakPhone using Tapatalk
                  Might be going again next week at same time. I'll let you know.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                    Great job Paul!
                    Thanks. We'll catch up soon.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Originally posted by gillplate View Post
                      nice man. Fished out of spsp today. tough getting bait. wound up with one 23" striper. One spot de-butted, the blues are around!
                      Sounds like you have been doing awesome over there at SPSP.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                        Sounds like you have been doing awesome over there at SPSP.

Mobile
                        no electronics, gotta go with structure I can see. I've been pretty lucky. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                          The odd thing is I also hooked up on 2 stripers on the half bitten swim shad??
                          Several years ago, while fishing the Fort McHenry riprap, I got into a school of legal mixed blues and striper. The blues (12"-14") were tearing up my 5" Bass Assassins as fast as I could replace them. During this foray my biggest striper (~24") I caught hit a nub of BA that had been nipped back past the bend of the jig hook!!! Previously I always fussed about fishing with a perfect looking lure... but after catching several stripers on nubs I'm not quite so discriminating now.
                          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
                            Several years ago, while fishing the Fort McHenry riprap, I got into a school of legal mixed blues and striper. The blues (12"-14") were tearing up my 5" Bass Assassins as fast as I could replace them. During this foray my biggest striper (~24") I caught hit a nub of BA that had been nipped back past the bend of the jig hook!!! Previously I always fussed about fishing with a perfect looking lure... but after catching several stripers on nubs I'm not quite so discriminating now.
                            Next time out, I'm gonna try out those nubs and see what happens.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                            Maui

Comment

What are those in the "stomach contents" picture?
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X