Upper Flats Doubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Flats Doubles

[Launched from Perryville Community Park around 6:30 am, paddled out to the anchored barges off of Perry Point Va and trolled that area for around 2 hours, a few small hits on spoons, BKD's' and rattle traps, no landing. Saw a lot of activity on the Sonar in the 8-10 ft range. Sitting beside the barges the water exploded all around me. ( What and awesome sight Seems that schoolies of stripers where chasing bait fish out of the water. Brought some bloods and had a hi/lo rig on the yak. Started trolling by the barges and WOW, Double heeders of 6-12" schoolies. What a blast. Got 3 doubles, a bunch of singles, 12 total before the school move one. Good to see young stripers in hugh schools were prevalent in the flats. 4 hours later I paddled back to the ramp. This made my day.
    2014 08 pvcp 3.JPGATTACH=CONFIG]13219[/ATTACH])2014 08 pvcp 1.jpg2014 08 pvcp 4.JPG2014 08 pvcp 5.jpg
    Attached Files
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Sorry, had some trouble posting the pick.
    Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

nice report! good day hooken up with some rock!! hopefully things will pick up and the sizes get a little better. gets the blood pumping i bet

Comment

Way to go Freddie! A few more weeks and the stringer worthy stripers should make their way up
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Way to go on getting the double hookup. Looks like you had a blast. Hopefully the biggies come in soon.

Mobile

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

Looking forward to the return of the keepers.
            Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I found a school of 'em just a little bigger in the same general area. I put the report up the a day or so ago. It'll start getting fun soon. :-)

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

Very cool! It's fun finding a school of young fish willing to bite. I keep reading about the fishing getting better as we head into fall, I can't wait!

This will be my first fall fishing the bay...on my own, I went out on a charter boat in October 2006. We caught our limits in short order that time, live-lining.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I was trying to figure out what was jumping out of the water, and I was told it was gizzard shad the schoolies were chasing. Never been in the middle of this explosion before. The only thought I had was Ole My God, got to get some bait in the water. It worked. For a Newbie, it was an awesome experience.
                  Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                  X