Conococheague Creek status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conococheague Creek status?

New to these forums, but figured I would start off by asking a question. Does anybody know what Conococheague is looking like now? I want to try to get out this weekend, and want to hit some new water (that isn't packed). Is it comparable to the Monocacy?

Sorry I missed this, but with water low as this year has been, The Cono can be difficult to float if the water gets too low. Watch the gauges, but I can't tell you what level to stay away at. Many sections get hard to get a kayak through during dry spells, but I have not been on it this year. Its good as long as there is enough water. The Antietam is also a good float and even better on hot summers as it is more shaded than most creeks and rivers.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Thanks for the pointers! I ended up going to the monocacy Saturday morning instead, didn't want to drive the extra distance and find the water too low. Honestly feel like the monocacy north of Frederick is too low in a lot of spots, good thing I didn't go for conococheague!

Comment

North of frederick which I always wade and fish can be done having a tub. Redneck as it sounds, we went from detour bridge area to legore bridge with a small tube and a fishing rod haha. Caught a lot of fish though in areas most people can't get to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X