St Inigoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Inigoes

Fished with Ronault yesterday and feel pretty beat after all that wind...salty, soar and still a little fishy. Put in at sunrise and got off the water sometime after 3. Looks like I just missed <MIKE> out there, too. Good time, good company and caught a few keepers to bring home to the wife. I usually don't keep any fish, but I was told that specs are pretty tasty so I figured I at least try them once.

Caught feisty small blues all day long, caught a few short stripers, a few rays and 2 keeper specs. 1st spec was on topwater, first cast of the day. Wife loved the fish.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by camelbird; 08-25-2014, 09:29 AM.

way to go! I knew you'd enjoy fishing with Ron.

Dinner looks Awesome! I always leave in time to eat trout the same day I catch them.....they are more delicate than other local fish.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Yum! The fish looks great cooked. I'll have to go there. Blues are fun to catch. Never caught a spec. What did you use to catch your fish?
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

I joined Camelbird right before 11 am- I am mostly a falling tide fisherman, but I didn't want him fishing alone with all the winds and chop we had Sunday and high tide was 12:30 p.m....so...I caught my one and only speck under a ton of bluefish using a chartreuse salt water Assassin on 1/4 oz jighead- and I had many, many little bluefish- pests...my back was acting up from all the moving and stuff going on at home, so I was pretty uncomfortable but hung in until 2 and then just couldn't go any more and threw in the towel before my favorite falling tide was running- I loaded up, popped two allieve tablets and headed home- the wind was relentless all day long- we fished the entire mouth of Smith Creek and both points- damn blues would not give us a break- I lost a whole bag of tails to the rascals- XRaps (XR-8) were deadly for them but I wasn't fishing for blues so I stuck it out with my favorite plastics trying for redfish and gator trout- Enjoyed fishing with Camelbird and have to give it to him for his paddling techniques- he stayed with my Hobie Outback all day in spite of strong currents and blustery winds- pretty impressive work ethic...(bet his arms and shoulders gave him hell later that evening)
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          - Enjoyed fishing with Camelbird and have to give it to him for his paddling techniques- he stayed with my Hobie Outback all day in spite of strong currents and blustery winds- pretty impressive work ethic...(bet his arms and shoulders gave him hell later that evening)
          Yeah the Camelbird is a brute.....very humiliating to paddle next to ha ha...maybe it will b better with my new ride (but doubtful)

Comment

Nice bro! and that dinner plate looks DELICIOUS!
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Thanks guys for the encouragement, I paid for that day though.... I finally feel better today. And I know Kevin's new boat will definitely slice better than the gift horse

And hopefully the delicious dinner is enough leverage for my next all day expedition.

pc4sun - Xraps are a good lure to have - XR08 for western shore specs. Chug n' spooks in the 3.5" inch range. 1/8-3/8oz jig heads on bass assassin paddle tails.

Comment

The gift horse was a slug.....but it caught fish!!

Comment

WOW! That first pic with the pier is "Calendar Quality" That should go on the wall!

Comment

Congrats on a good day out! The dinner plate looks awesome. How did you prepare the fish? Those tomatoes look perfect.
                    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Where do you launch from down there. I see people have been catching Trout and Reds in that area. i would like to get on some of them myself.
                      Travis
                      Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      Orange Old Town NEXT
                      USN

Comment

Simple prep... light flour, light seasoning, olive oil, lemon, butter, capers, basmati rice and heirloom tomatoes from the garden (cherokee purples) wanted to taste the filets. Thank you Ron and Kevin, definitely delicious

Comment

The launch is called St Inigoes Landing and is at the very end of Beachville Road. You can find all of the public launches for St Mary's at:

http://www.visitstmarysmd.com/activi...ings-launches/

I like this launch because it doesn't seem to get the same large boat traffic as some of the others because the ramp is tighter than some (both in width and backing into it). Parking for 10 cars or so and it is free and no permit required (almost all of the sites listed are free unless there is a nominal $3 park entrance fee). Generally this area is protected from the wind unless you get a strong North East like we had early this week. I also like Piney Point launch which puts you a couple of miles further up the Potomac.
                          Mike
                          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Great job guys. I'll have to give fishing a try there.
                            Viking - Profish Reload Z
                            Jackson Coosa - YakAttack

Comment

Working...
                            X