Dundalk fishing report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dundalk fishing report

Hit Lynch Cove in Dundalk today for a few hours. My daughter and I covered a good bit of water for about 4 hours and found the bite to be tough. We threw feather spinners the whole time. Daily tally was: 2 stripers (dinks), 1 yp, 7 wp. The wp have really turned off over the last few weeks. Tight lines, Mark

I will have to look up Lynch Cove I work in that area and take my yak to work with me so I can hit the water asap.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

We launch at Inverness Park ramp and fish from the quarry end of the cove down to the railroad swing bridge by Hard Yacht Cafe

Comment

i cot my first fish in Dundalk. it literally pulled the rod out of my hands. it was a 6" sunfish. i guess no one told me they would pull? anyway, it worked out ok. my Dad went in, got the rod, and gave it back to me so i could finish the fight.

i was probly 4-5 years old and still remember that. and i expect your daughter will remember fishing with you for a lifetime - nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur View Post
          We launch at Inverness Park ramp and fish from the quarry end of the cove down to the railroad swing bridge by Hard Yacht Cafe
          I grew up in Dundalk and fished that quarry a lot. There are some monster bass in there. I was never interested in fishing the tidal cove, it was always shallow mud and smelled pretty bad. I'd love to launch into the quarry now that I have a yak but with a 30 minute drive there are other places I'd rather fish.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur View Post
            The wp have really turned off over the last few weeks.
            I've been having better luck lately with a Kastmaster spoon - 1/4 oz. silver - jigged quickly along the bottom. Kinda like walking the dog under water. I have also tried smaller out-of-the-way places (like between two piers along a bulkhead or rocks) where they probably haven't been fished. Also noticed them further upstream since the water has started to cool off (?).

Comment

Working...
            X