Piney Point and St George Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point and St George Island

I hit my usual spot at first light the past two mornings looking for the top water bite that I love. I didn't factor dead low tide into the mix. The fish were in no mood yesterday for top water but did hit trolled grubs if you could keep the tail on from all the small bluefish in the area. Ended up with 8 rocks, but no keepers. Also had a ray take my trolled gulp. Got him as close as I could to avoid losing much line before cutting it off. Today was pretty much the same, except the blues were willing to hit a buzz bait. Only 2 undersized rocks today but got a nice 11" perch on a crank bait. Once the top bite time frame ended I trolled the creek looking for specks or drum, but only a couple of confused croaker. I'm thinking Smith Creek on Monday (part time retirement does have advantages). I heard reports of nice 3 pound blues on the sand bar in the Potomac outside of it.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

3 lb blues........those would be worth chasing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Same today...small blues every where eating the tails off plastic...I fished Smith Creek today with Camelbird...he caught a couple of specks...I had one that I finally released after it was evident I wasn't going to catch a second one...wind was horrible today, hard to fish, splashing wet all day...my back was killing me so I threw the towel in early about 2 pm
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X