Looks great! Congrats
    Cuda 14
    Big tuna

Comment

Nice looking setup!
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Just an FYI from a DIY er, if you did not already know this, Acetone will clean that up real nice.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

That's what I was going to try.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            Thanks man! It was fun and brain scratching putting it together.

Even involved a motorcycle ride in the rain with Cowkid2 to get more parts...I thought the rain was going to hold off, but we ended up getting soaked. I asked her if she liked fishing or the Harley better, she said, "same". I asked, "what about the rain?" She said, "no big deal."

She's a great kid!
            Kool set up...you can build a bunch of them in a lifetime...but the motorcycle ride with Cowkid2 ...A memorie that will last a lifetime...made me smile! Kool kid! She probably will get the Harley too someday

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
              Kool set up...you can build a bunch of them in a lifetime...but the motorcycle ride with Cowkid2 ...A memorie that will last a lifetime...made me smile! Kool kid! She probably will get the Harley too someday
              It'll be a while before she gets the Harley. LOL

Tested it out on the bay today, it's awesome! Trolling with a rod in each forward facing holder worked perfect. The rod tips are just high enough that the line goes just over the stern/rudder when I turned too sharp.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

That is similar to what I want to do to the Cayman I got, it has the 4 rod holders behind the seat but an outrigger rod holder is needed. You are right about the Glue and Primer it is not coming apart. One thing I noticed on your vertical brace piece, is that edge going to rub on that channel? Looks like a "End Cap" might make it smoother. Just a thought.

Comment

I thought about cutting them off at a bevel, so they would spread the contact point to the side tray, but I'm not sure if it's even needed. They don't seem to push down all that much, most of the torque is pulling backward (trolling), even the short times I put the rod in the holder while bottom fishing didn't seem to pull down too much...I usually hold the rod when bottom fishing anyway.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                    Just an FYI from a DIY er, if you did not already know this, Acetone will clean that up real nice.
                    I finally picked up some Acetone today, you'd think with a house full of girls it would be on hand...but they have been out for a few days.

So I stopped by the store on the way back from BPS and grabbed a bottle. It's regular acetone, not the non-acetone version, it won't take hardly anything off the PCV. It does work on getting some of the Sharpie marks off, but not even doing that well. It doesn't do squat trying to take the purple "primer" marks off.

I'm going to pick up a rattle can of paint specific for use on plastic. It would be cool to put some kind of pattern on it with the paint...but I've never done anything like that.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

You ever try the plasti dip spray? That stuff is supposed to stick to anything. I was going to try painting my pvc rod holder tube that goes on my ladder rack with it in matte black.

Comment

Interesting, I use it all the time to clean primer, glue, pipe print, & magic marker on pvc, and cpvc. hope you didn't pick up nail polish remover with acetone.
                        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                          Interesting, I use it all the time to clean primer, glue, pipe print, & magic marker on pvc, and cpvc. hope you didn't pick up nail polish remover with acetone.
                          Yeah, it's nail polish remover. The first ingredient on the label is acetone; shouldn't that make acetone the highest concentration compared to all ingredients?

I'm going to get some paint. Plasti dip might get a try.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Just picked up some plasti dip and flexi dip this morning to give it a try.

I guess you should be able to use clear pvc cement to remove anything from pvc and then sand it out if acetone does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                              Just picked up some plasti dip and flexi dip this morning to give it a try.
                              Where did you pick it up?
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

I got it at Home depot. Just sprayed some test pieces of pvc a couple hours ago. The plasti dip sprays on better than the flexi dip, flexi dip goes on thinner and runs a lot easier. They both seems like they should work pretty well on pvc, but I did notice already that this stuff should not be applied in direct sunlight. I am actually thinking about painting the wheels on my truck black with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X