Rocket Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Launcher

Due conflicts of interest among registered members, and my own feelings; I have deleted a great deal of my input within this thread. I've also moved my hosted pictures and changed the folder access to "private".

I really enjoyed being a part of the Snaggedline community; unfortunately that has come to an end.
    Last edited by Cowpokey; 01-15-2016, 09:40 PM. Reason: game over
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Nice job. Good spacing of the launchers, too. My PVC pipes are much closer together and two lines tangled once before. I'll be waiting to hear how yours works out.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Cool, from the picture it's hard for me to see if the rods get in the way of paddling? Also does the weigh of two rods force the front section down? Or do you have something resting agonist the kayak that keeps the tube up? Thanks

I love the idea because my lines get tangles in my yak flag sometimes and I can only feel hits. Thanks
      Cuda 14
      Big tuna

Comment

Pretty sure it won't get in the way of pedals, hopefully it will be clear of the paddle for those rare times it's needed.

I don't have anything bracing it up at the front, right now it's just pushed together with friction holding it in place.

I normally fish two rods, this should have them separated more than I'm used to.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Here's a couple tips:
          Glue alone will not hold the joints that will have the most stress use stainless or brass screws, but make sure your screw placement doesn't interfere with your rods.

You may want to add some extra T joints in the middle for extra rod holders, mine has 2 in the middle, sometimes wish it had three.

Use the bungees on the kayak to help secure it down.

If you want to paint it, you can spray paint but need to sand really good before hand
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Got it forgot about pedal drive. Was thinking of my situation. Thanks
            Cuda 14
            Big tuna

Comment

Deleted by author
              Last edited by Cowpokey; 01-15-2016, 08:52 PM. Reason: intellectual property
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Make sure that you can get your rod out of the holder when there's torque on it. It should be in easy arms reach where you can get it out while the fish is pulling on it.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

deleted by author
                  Last edited by Cowpokey; 01-15-2016, 08:50 PM. Reason: intellectual property
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Nicely done.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                      Nicely done.

Mobile
                      I probably didn't need the front pieces pointing down, but they brace it well sitting in the side tray so there isn't much if any torque going back to the rod holders that are molded in the hull.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Very nice bro!
                        -Mustafa
                        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Deleted by author
                          Last edited by Cowpokey; 01-15-2016, 08:51 PM. Reason: intellectual property
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                            Very nice bro!
                            Thanks man! It was fun and brain scratching putting it together.

Even involved a motorcycle ride in the rain with Cowkid2 to get more parts...I thought the rain was going to hold off, but we ended up getting soaked. I asked her if she liked fishing or the Harley better, she said, "same". I asked, "what about the rain?" She said, "no big deal."

She's a great kid!
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by cowpokey View Post
                              thanks man! It was fun and brain scratching putting it together. :d

even involved a motorcycle ride in the rain with cowkid2 to get more parts...i thought the rain was going to hold off, but we ended up getting soaked. I asked her if she liked fishing or the harley better, she said, "same". I asked, "what about the rain?" she said, "no big deal."

she's a great kid!
                              lol!
                              -Mustafa
                              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                              2016 Hobie Outback
                              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                              X