Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Gorge - What's your favorite lure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not an expert on Rocky gorge but I've fished it a few times.I also fish a lot on the other reservoirs,as bassmore said when those fish get pressured subtle and smaller can be better.also it may have more to do with your location than your lure.usually this time of year off shore and deeper is better than beating the bank. A depth finder can be a huge help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      You got that on Rocky Gorge?
      Yes that's the 29 bridge in that background

Comment

Originally posted by donkey fish View Post
        Very nice! I haven't been to the 29 bridge in years...probably 10 years. Haven't gotten a striper in freshwater yet either...someday, maybe.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

What time of year was that? Looks like there are leaves on the trees, but it appears you're wearing waders and long sleeves.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Last October

Comment

Last October
              That's a great fish, congrats.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Silver/black back, silver/blue back rattle trap [ATTACH=CONFIG]13179[/ATTACH]
                WOW that's impressive. Never thought I would see a rockfish like that come out of the gorge. Never caught one in fresh water.

Is there anywhere to launch closer to the 29 bridge? I've launched at scotts cove and browns bridge and seems like to get to the bridge would be a pretty long paddle from either direction.
                We hit the upper and lower sections and would love to check out the middle section of the gorge.
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Thee isn't a launch in the middle, it's a long way to get to the bridge from any of the ramps.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks donkey fish. That is one amazing catch! Now there will be a caravan of yaks and boats headed to the bridge for the next month.
                    Joel
                    2014 Hobie Outback (Ivory Dune)

Comment

Its less then 2 mile from Scotts.. There's also a path I seen in the woods right across from the stump field u can launch from I just don't know where it is .. This launch would be less then a mile maybe
                      Zach Moore
                      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                      Bait Towel Pro Staff
                      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                        Its less then 2 mile from Scotts.. There's also a path I seen in the woods right across from the stump field u can launch from I just don't know where it is .. This launch would be less then a mile maybe
                        Probably closer to 3 miles from Scott's Cove by water; "as a crow flies" it might be two miles.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

2.25 water miles Scotts to 29 I believe. with you guys angling for a faster way to the bridge, perhaps a motorized craft would be in order? Johnson Outdoors (NASDAQ:JOUT) got an ICAST award for a motorized yak, Old Town Predator XL.

(those "launch areas" are in WSSC no-trespassing areas; they gave my 70 year old neighbor a ticket for criminal trespass riding his horse on WSSC land, so watch out!)

Comment

I live in Burtonsville 5 minutes from suplee lane I have caught eleven bass in one day is my best at the gorge but never the quality of fish bass more has caught I would love to know his secret but he is right the middle is where they are you can see them stacked on the points at about 30 feet on your fish finder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Donny B.
                            OK Big Game Prowler

Comment

Bassmore I would like to meet you and shake your hand I fish the Gorge often from April to November and it's hard fishing maybe some of your bass mojo would rub off on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Donny B.
                              OK Big Game Prowler

Comment

bluegill.. when people say go big or go home in the summer.

i go small

small jigs.
                                small worms.
                                small cranks

drop shot.

ive gotten them on bigger baits, but the days i go out and catch well over 10-15 fish, its because i go small .. i leave my baits in the zone for a while to, i work very slow . I rarley throw fast moving baits, unless its windy ill chunk a spinner bait around the tree tops
                                Zach Moore
                                Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                                Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                                Bait Towel Pro Staff
                                2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                                YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
                                X