Loosing faith in the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing faith in the Severn

The crappy luck continues. I fished Jonas this morning with a buddy of mine for about 3.5 hours. We both lost a little plastic early on to some blues and only managed about a half dozen small WP (4-6"). We trolled the oyster bars, explored tributaries, and drifted the bridge. Not a rock to be found. Again, tons of bait in the water.

We ran into DonV on the way out. Hopefully he had better luck.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Don't fret, the water is still very warm in the rivers. When the water cools, the stripers will return looking to get fat on those little bunker.

Comment

Bunker every where and nothing eating them.....yet

Comment

The perch were a full 6 weeks late showing up in the Severn shallows this summer. The big stripers were two weeks late showing up in late spring, then they took off after three weeks. Other species are likely to be off schedule too. I have not found many stripers in the river during August this year. They may show up during Sept and Oct -- who knows?
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I found a pile of schoolies in Mill Creek about two weeks ago and got all excited that the stripers would be back soon. Went out Tuesday, searched pretty hard and nothing - even the schoolies were gone. Did find a good perch hole and caught many so it was not a total bust. Guess I'll keep perchin for a while.

Comment

No, not much better luck here. Just about the same story, maybe ten small perch total. Only place I hit consistent perch was at the shallow small cove on the shoreline right past the point of the sunken train bridge. I was down last weekend and had a much better day for perch not quantity wise but of a little more size. Nice to meet you guys on the shore would have been nicer on the water. I saw you out there as I pushed my fully loaded and geared up kayak into the water and came to the realization I didn't have a paddle. The fishing sure wasn't worth the reloading and unloading again and trip back home.

Comment

Hang in there Doug. Maybe time for a Kent Narrows/Good Hands Creek road trip until late September, early Rocktober. Steve

Comment

Thanks, guys. Glad it's not just me. Hoping to get my fix at the CBKA tournament.
                LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                X