Mounting flat thing on round things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting flat thing on round things

I have an older Wilderness Tarpon, which has very few flat spots.
    How have folks here solved the problem of mounting a flat bottom rod holder base on a curved surface?

Craft an adapter from plumbers epoxy?
    Chris

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i
    Lowrance Elite-4 HDI

That's a tough one.
    I'm not sure what type of rod holder you are talking about but if its the flush mount tube rod holder then this might help.

The fellow in this journal used a heat gun to gently soften the plastic on the rod holder and shaped it himself.

http://cornishkayakangler.weebly.com...-the-rtm-abaco

I would recommend working it a little then letting it cool down and doing a test fit. Then if necessary, heat up again and work it a little more. Moving along in baby steps you should eventually get it just right.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I had a similar issue on my Native Slayer Propel for the two Scotty bases I mounted behind the seat. I could not find any place that was fully flat. I chose the location based on how easily I could reach the rod holder. Then I attached the base using stainless steel bolts, washer, and nut. When I tightened that up, the base fit snugly.

I
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X