Slayer Propel 13 Scupper Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer Propel 13 Scupper Cart

Is there a cart on the market anyone can recommend for use with the Propel 13? Id like decent ground clearance.

Thanks.
    Deadwood (Dave)
    West River & Miles River
    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

I use a Malone scupper cart for my Cuda 14, the width is adjustable.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

OK, Ill check it out. Thanks
      Deadwood (Dave)
      West River & Miles River

Comment

I made something like this for my mariner hull. http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/...r-propel-.html
        I put a T at the back and an arm so it fits into the propel cavity so it can be in the front or under the canter of gravity. I haven't uploaded pictures yet. The native owners user group also has a lot of cart designs.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I have never seen a commercial cart specifically designed to slide in the scupper holes of the Slayer Propel. I bought Native's Smart Cart that has an elevated section that fits in the drive hole. It works for parking lots and solid grassy areas, but bogs down quickly on sand, in part because of poor ground clearance. Some folks use the C-Tug cart. The best arrangement I have seen is a hybrid of Wheeleez beach wheels and the C-Tug. The Kayak Fishing Store in NJ custom makes these. They are great but are expensive. I saw that cart in their store in N. Wildwood two weeks ago.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The Malone cart has the same problem in sand so I modified it and added wheeleez.
            Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
            Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

In the native owner group forum under the slayer propel section there is a modification the the wheeleez cart. It adds two 3" pvc rails, this makes it a heavier and not easily foldable, but it works great. As long as you don't mind walking back to your car or locking it to a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by CoptrDoctr View Post
                In the native owner group forum under the slayer propel section there is a modification the the wheeleez cart. It adds two 3" pvc rails, this makes it a heavier and not easily foldable, but it works great. As long as you don't mind walking back to your car or locking it to a tree.
                I've found strapping mitey cart wheels with the fixed rails to the back of my boat is more conveinent than before. Too roley polley before. I may try and extetend the axles and add wheels with bearings for long trips up the C&O canal trail. I'll probably add some sort of "Y" to the plug n play points to grab and hold the axles. Pushing and pulling the cart with just plastic rubbing on aluminum for 4 miles sucked and may have screwed up my wrist. Still better than without the fixed rails any slop and the thing would try and flip over.
                PigPen - Mt Airy
                Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I finally got some pictures of my cart to explain how the folding part fits in the propel area of the boat. Fits on the front or under the middle for long hauls. I've dragged this 4 miles so far.

kayak_cart_side.jpg
                  Kayak_cart_under.jpg

I used a 1/2 ID PVC for the folind part and an adapter to the 2" PVC. I modded the design by using U bolts to strap to the cart so now its easily removable should it come to that and should take vibrations pretty well. I also just epoxied bits of PVC to the U bolts to spread out the forces and keep the foam from getting damaged too badly.
                  PigPen - Mt Airy
                  Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I made my scupper style cart out of PVC and wheels from the hardware store. Cost me around $15 to make and is still going strong.

Comment

post pics for me cuz I am a dunz
                      Deadwood (Dave)
                      West River & Miles River

Comment

I thought about a scupper cart but am toooo worried about cracks. There has been a few posts about cracks in the older Hobie's and I'm sure some other makes.
                        PigPen - Mt Airy
                        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Working...
                        X