Shenandoah River is past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shenandoah River is past weekend

I went to the shenandoah river this past weekend. The trip was looking like a bust as most of the bass were around 6" in length until I landed a 2.5 lbs smallmouth. I was on top of the world until I landed a 5.25 lbs toad.

Those are both great fish! What did you catch them on?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Really nice fish!! Both of them...nice to catch a smallie and a large mouth of that quality in the same day!! Good job!! Nice pics!

Comment

Thx. They both came off a 6" brush hog with a small bullet weight.

Comment

great catch!
          sigpic

Comment

Nice Fish and nice pics.
            The brush hogs and baby brush hogs are always on one of my rods.
            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Great catch and thanks for sharing the pics!

Comment

Where do you launch from?
                I fish everyday that ends in "Y"

Comment

Originally posted by NateFishyMan View Post
                  Where do you launch from?
                  i would be interested in this as well.. have been researching this today, as i am planning a trip the weekend of the 13th. not sure if there is a spot i could prepostion a buddys vehicle for pick up or just pay an outfitter to drag me and my yak upriver and i can float back to my car/their parking lot.
                  any info would be appreciated as well as good points that would allow a 3-5 mile float/fishing trip.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fro684 View Post
                    i would be interested in this as well.. have been researching this today, as i am planning a trip the weekend of the 13th. not sure if there is a spot i could prepostion a buddys vehicle for pick up or just pay an outfitter to drag me and my yak upriver and i can float back to my car/their parking lot.
                    any info would be appreciated as well as good points that would allow a 3-5 mile float/fishing trip.

thanks
                    If you're thinking of fishing the South Fork of the Shenandoah, above Front Royal, I can give you some ideas. However, the river is very low on that section right now so you may need to drag the yak through some areas.

Comment

Working...
                    X