Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final event ideas

All,

We are looking for a spot for our October 18th event. It was thrown out that maybe we should look at doing something on the eastern shore(Romacoke?), but we want to see what you guys think. It would be great for it to have a area for eating lunch afterward too. What do you guys have in mind?
    Keith
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

October 11th and 18th are the proposed duck season weekends. You might want to pick another weekend to prevent any run ins and problems.

If not compare where you are going to the blind site map. It does not look bad out there, but be aware and someone will be shooting, somewhere. Some blind sites are just landowner licensing their properly to keep hunters away. Some with have hunters with boats and guns.
    Maryland Blind Site Map
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob. I forgot about duck hunting. Maybe we will move it to Sunday instead, and not have to worry about it. Then we just have to compete with football instead!

Hope everything turned out OK with you on Saturday.
      Keith
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Thanks for asking, Coming along and more tests to be done. Not exactly sure what it was, or what needs to be done. Next is a stress test for her.
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

I just helped the George Washington chapter do an event here in Chesapeake beach coinciding with the Operation Hope event the town has. Anytime you want a private beach to launch from on the western shore here at Chesapeake Beach let me know. It's shallow water out for about a 1/4 mile. Prime Spring and Fall trophy striper fishing area.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
            I just helped the George Washington chapter do an event here in Chesapeake beach coinciding with the Operation Hope event the town has. Anytime you want a private beach to launch from on the western shore here at Chesapeake Beach let me know. It's shallow water out for about a 1/4 mile. Prime Spring and Fall trophy striper fishing area.
            I might take you up on that, would like to be in some shallow water to get started bay fishing.

Comment

Yeah the stripes and blues hit in 6' and less of water here. But learning from the last experience, it may be better to have some cast to the fishes rather than trolling. Need to be able to maintain speed above 3.5 mph to really get them interested.

Comment

Working...
              X