2014 Season Finale - Final Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Season Finale - Final Standings

Most importantly we were able to raise around $500 for Heroes on the Water. This year the donation went to the newest Appalachian Chapter. All Pictures will be posted ASAP. Thanks to everyone that participated and bought raffle tickets! The yeti raffle winner was Will Benzin.
    how.jpg

Congrats to Matt Eikenberg on being crowned the 2014 Angler of the Year. Matt took home $225, AOTY Engraved Dog Tags, and paid entries to all events for 2015.
    aoty.jpg

Angler of the Year Final Standings

1.Matt Eikenberg - 32 (All Paid Entries for 2015)
    2.Dave Thompson (Turtle135)- 27 (2 Paid Entries for 2015)
    3.Bryan Herndon - 23 (1 Paid Entry for 2015)
    Chris Burke - 14
    Josh Evans - 13
    Alberto Tabian (Berto) - 12
    Zach Huntington - 12
    Matt Campbell - 10
    Joe Deisvaldi - 9
    Jeff Burkett - 9
    Dave Adlington (Donkeyfish) - 8
    Andrew Francis - 8
    CJ Espey (Bust em Baits) - 7
    Andy Ibarra - 6
    Zach Moore - 6
    Mike Tomasik - 5
    Dave Truong - 5
    Mike Chaney - 5
    Jeremy Angle - 4
    Shane Clift - 4
    Dave Roeslo - 3
    Brian Rigg - 2
    Nate Dunkelberg - 2
    Mike Hoskey - 1

Event #5 Results- Mallows Bay Park
    1. Dave Thompson 50" - $168 and Yak Attack Prize Pack - (Big Bass Winner 17.5" - $50 Gift Card Bust Em Baits)
    2. Alberto Tabian - 49.5" - $100
    3. Matt Eikenberg - 45" - $68
    4. Chuck Bieller - 43.75"
    5. Andy Ibarra - 41.25"
    6. Mike Tomasik - 31.5"
    7. Matt Campbell - 26.25"
    8. Tony Panaro - 24.75"
    9. Bryan Herndon - 24.5"
    10. Matt Baden - 16.75"
    dave.jpg
    dave1.jpg
    alberto.jpg
    Last edited by CB kayak 02; 08-19-2014, 01:53 PM.

From the MAKBF Tournament on Mallows Bay yesterday. The 5/16th ounce "Dirty Jigs Finesse Swim Jig" with a Netbait Baby Paca Craw seemed to be the ticket. I caught bass on it both by swimming it just underneath the surface (like a spinnerbait) and also would allow it to drop into holes in the grass. A common theme I heard yesterday from other anglers was that all the grass was constantly fouling their presentations. A swim jig with a pointy nose comes through that grass pretty well. Limiting the length of the cast helps prevent fouling as well. All of my bass were caught within 20 feet of the kayak. I think I landed 10-12 bass during the tournament, most of them were the "Potomac Specials" (those largemouth that are right around 14").

Congrats to Matt Eikenberg for winning angler of the year! Matt fished very well this season, he won the event on the Upper Potomac and consistently finished well in event after event for a well deserved "W".

A big thanks to Matt Baden and Bryan Herndon for conducting a well run series of tournaments this season. These two follow through which is much appreciated! Well done, I had fun at all the events, although I think I had more fun at certain events!

Also would like to thank YakAttack and Bust'Em Baits for sponsoring the event with the prize pack and the gift certificate. I know I am going to have some fun with the goodies!

http://www.yakattack.us/
    http://www.bustembaits.com/

Last edited by Turtle135; 08-17-2014, 11:25 AM.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Thanks Matt for your ongoing support for HOW and to everyone who participated in the events to help raise money. The Appalachian and Maryland Chapters work closely together to support each other for boats and/or volunteers. Since they are a up and coming chapter we felt it only right to pass all the money to them.

Again - Thanks to all who support our events and the cause!
      Keith
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Nice wrap up. Any snakeheads caught?
        Hurricane Skimmer 128
        WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin View Post
          Nice wrap up. Any snakeheads caught?
          One angler I know (Mike) got one up one of the creeks on a buzzbait. I had a little game of chess going with one that looked to be 22" but I did not have three bass on the board yet so I abandoned that one after he managed to miss my jig twice!
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Congrats to everyone involved. These tournies look like they are well run and would love to get in on the action but I work nights and getting off late on Fridays and the amount of travel to your locations kills it for me. Any chance of a mid and northern Maryland series some day??
            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Congrats to Matt Eikenberg for fishing well all season and winning AOY! Thanks to Matt Baden and Bryan Herndon for running a great series this year! Looking forward to improving for next year.
              WS ATAK

Comment

Congrats Matt!!
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
                  Congrats to everyone involved. These tournies look like they are well run and would love to get in on the action but I work nights and getting off late on Fridays and the amount of travel to your locations kills it for me. Any chance of a mid and northern Maryland series some day??
                  We hope to possibly expand the amount of events next year and add locations on the susky, Shenandoah and rocky gorge.

Comment

Pictures Added!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X