Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lynnhaven Inlet 8/8 plus (Tangier Sound 8/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynnhaven Inlet 8/8 plus (Tangier Sound 8/7)

I put this in the VA forum because thats where most of the report lies.

I had my cousin in town from Alaska this past week. He hasn't fished the bay so I invited him along and promised him a striper and reds (no pressure). We started on Thursday night fishing around Crisfield. The tide was crap so I wasn't expecting much. Just wanted to get him used to fishing from a yak. Fishing was slow, but he did manage an 18in schoolie. He was happy. I managed a 16 inch speck, a few 18 inch blues, but overall it was slow.

On 8/9, we rolled down to Lynnhaven on two hours of sleep with a mild hangover after several craft beers and pizza.

I immediately picked an up 18" speck, but things slowed down after that. Had a red tail a few yards in front of me, but he was real skittish. Eventually I found a decent school of upper slot reds that were willing to play ball. We pulled two out before the reds went deep. He loved the fight and seeing them go nuts on peanut bunker. Cool sight. We left a few hours later when the tide got real low. He was beat and didn't want to wait for the high tide at 7PM. Fish were most active at the beginning of the outgoing. Lots of bait around.

Not the most action packed, but the fish tacos and an extremely stoked cousin made it one of the best outings of the year.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

I'm jeolous. I want to go back to VA beach lol. Did you bottom fish with cut bait?

Comment

Sight casting with soft plastics.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

You guys did pretty well. I did some jigging and casting at Lynnhaven today. Very slow.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X