2015 Hobie Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
    Has anybody been able to order the new outback yet? After fishing with Joe last week and seeing that he could pretty much run circles around me in his outback just pedaling at an easy pace, I almost went and bought a 2014 since they are already discounting them...but I want to be able to stand. Looks like the 2015 is just about perfect for me now that they added a place to stand.

I just want one kayak for everything at this point and I have narrowed it down to the new outback or slayer propel at this point. New outback would be the one if I could run out and buy one today.
    I was at Backyard Boats in Annapolis on Saturday. Dennis says that they are expecting their first batch of 60 boats to be arriving late Sept/early Oct. I was able to put a down payment on a 2015 Revo 13.
    John D.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    GO RAVENS!!!
    GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

I am serious. What is the price on new outback?

Comment

I don't remember the exact price of the Outback. But I am pretty sure that the price has increased by $200-$300. So $2200-$2300???
        John D.
        2015 Hobie Revolution 13
        GO RAVENS!!!
        GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

BYB is getting 60 in the first batch, is that normal? I bet there will be a lot of used Hobies up for sale soon...
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Official price-$2299 for the Outback

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Yeah, you guys better sell the old ones pretty quick. I have seen brand new 2014s going for around $1,800 already and price might drop more soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                Official price-$2299 for the Outback
                Ok. Thanks. It is actually more like $500 more at current prices I have seen.

Comment

Dennis said that they actually have a second batch of 60 already in the pipe. The numbers probably include other models as well like the adventure island, etc. But, maybe not.
                  John D.
                  2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                  GO RAVENS!!!
                  GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Ok. Thanks. It is actually more like $500 more at current prices I have seen.
                    The 2013 Revo13 and Outback models were $1799, the 2014 jumped up to $1999. I don't know what the current prices are, maybe they have discounted them already?
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Yeah, I was pricing a 2014 at around $1800 last weekend, but seat is not great and no place to stand.

Comment

Yeah, I was pricing a 2014 at around $1800 last weekend, but seat is not great and no place to stand.
                        Do you actually stand to fish? It kinda defeat the purpose of pedal kayak since you can't pedal standing up. I stand to fish for SH sometimes but I don't see me standing to fish in the bay.

Comment

I do like to stand fishing flats and for snakeheads too. It is also nice to be able to get off the seat for a minute. I out for 6-8 hours at a time pretty frequently. Not exactly any place to get out and stretch your legs out at cbbt and places like that. Many people have been waiting for a pedal yak with a place to stand that is not huge beast like the PA. I hardly see it as defeating the purpose. As was mentioned earlier...outback will be better than PA in certain ways now that ypu can stand. I would never own a PA but new outback looks 1 yak to do it all...Fast, stable, room to stand, light enough to load on my ladder rack easily, high weight capacity, good quality hatches...etc.

I was going to keep my ride because I can stand on it, but I guess I will be getting rid of that and my tarpon soon.

Comment

johne do u think the outback is faster then the PA??

ive blown a few outbacks away in my pa12.
                            Zach Moore
                            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                            Bait Towel Pro Staff
                            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I'll join outback team when they fix the hull slap!!

Comment

I must have finally gotten my backside broken in, I used to get sore after 4-5 hours of sitting on my Outback...now it doesn't even phase me to be on the water for 6-7 hours. Goody picked up a staduim cushion for me, because I was complaining and I haven't even tried it yet.
                                Hobie fleet:
                                2017 Quest 13
                                2015 Outback
                                2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X