No announcement yet.

2015 Hobie Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got confused when I read the new fins came standard. I wasn't aware they still had both standard and turbo. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

After seeing all those other yaks with the comfortable lawn-chair-like seats, I wondered when the Outback was going to get one. I've used my Outback for three years. Great yak, but I really need a comfortable seat. Finally! Man, looks like I gotta get this new yak. Thanks for posting.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Wow..... I just put a deposit on a 2014 Outback maybe 2 weeks ago..... Now I will have to change that to a 2015 model.
        Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
        WS Ride 115 Mango
        WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Man, nice upgrades! So tempted to sell and get the new one!
          2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
          Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

If I can stand on it, it may shift the need from PA12 to Outback. hmmmm.

Comment

I really wonder if I would like the new chair on a revo
              sigpic

Comment

I see the PA 12 being phased out by the Outback. Cheaper, car tops easier, tracks better, comfy new seat, upgrade to a square hatch, and you can stand.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Maybe this is a silly question but can you just buy the new hulls and seats with no drive? I'm perfectly happy with my drive (which I just rebuilt) and if it would save me $700-800 I could keep my beat up revo 13 hull, get a new outback hull and just switch the drive as needed? Crazy? Maybe, but I'm thinking its gonna cost me around $1k to upgrade so if I can just spend $1k on the outback hull I'll have a drive and 2 hulls instead of one drive and one hull....
                  Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

You guys with the oubacks already...any of you know about how fast you average peddling one, top speed you have seen and stuff like that. I was looking around a little bit and I'm seeing that they may not really much faster than what I have now. I can average 3 mph paddling my ride 135 pretty hard and up close to 4 in bursts of full out paddling. My tarpon 140 is substantially faster. I don't think the outback will really be much faster than my tarpon, but more stable and less fatiguing. Just curious to see what other are experiencing in order to keep it on my list before I preorder one of these new kayaks coming out.

Comment

is the outback really faster then a PA??? i have a PA12 n do 4 mph consistently with minimal effort
                      Zach Moore
                      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                      Bait Towel Pro Staff
                      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                        is the outback really faster then a PA??? i have a PA12 n do 4 mph consistently with minimal effort
                        I've owned both an OB and a PA 14 and have fished just about everywhere in the bay with them. I think the OB is a hair faster. I can't say how it compares to the PA 12.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

My experience in fishing side-by-side with those who paddle and those who pedal is that speed is not the issue.

Most do 3 to 4 MPH as a natural pace regardless of their particular kayak.

However pedaling may offer an advantage to some in terms of stamina and some may find the act of fishing easier when their hands are free of paddling.
                          Mark
                          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

^^^ what he said. It doesn't matter if you have the fastest paddle yak in the world you're not going to catch as many fish as you would from a hobie simply based on the time you spend fishing vs. paddling. Unless you troll a lot. And no, the revo is not significantly faster than the outback. Its all propaganda and the difference is negligible.
                            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I average 4 mph in my Tarpon 120 at an easy paddling pace. I can break 5 mph in bursts, but rarely have a need to. I don't want to pedal because I tore my knees up in the Marines and don't want to put anymore stress on them than necessary!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                                You guys with the oubacks already...any of you know about how fast you average peddling one, top speed you have seen and stuff like that. I was looking around a little bit and I'm seeing that they may not really much faster than what I have now. I can average 3 mph paddling my ride 135 pretty hard and up close to 4 in bursts of full out paddling. My tarpon 140 is substantially faster. I don't think the outback will really be much faster than my tarpon, but more stable and less fatiguing. Just curious to see what other are experiencing in order to keep it on my list before I preorder one of these new kayaks coming out.
                                It's about the same really. But if you are fishing the CBBT, the hobies have an advantage because you can hold the current better vs paddling. When it's roaring, then forget it but during slow current, you can peddle and hold against the pilings and fish still.

Comment

Working...
                                X