Ocean view artificial reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean view artificial reef

I originally planned to go to Lynnhaven inlet but I was too early and the launch wasn't open yet. So, I switch to the artificial reef. I tried bottom fishing for some bait near launch with no luck, so I paddle to the reef. As soon as I get close, I dropped down a line with some fish bite and it was non stop croaker action. At one point, the fish hit before the sinker even hit bottom. I got a mixed bag of croaker, 6-12 inches so I used the small one and live line. My bait keep getting chopped up, after the third one I know I'm not gonna getting any flounder because blue keep hitting my bait. So I hooked a croaker at the tail and live line. After 10 mins I landed 15+ in blue. The sun were getting hotter, and more boats start to show up. I had the whole place to myself in the mourning. I also caught a shark, that was fun to catch first shark.

Sorry I forgot to take pictures except this one before I launch
    uploadfromtaptalk1407376038486.jpg

Sounds like you had a good day. What kind of shark was it?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the report. I would like to check out the reef sometime, not been having much luck with keeper flounder this year down at the beach.

I am pretty sure Lynnhaven launch is open 24/7. Did they have it closed off or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        Sounds like you had a good day. What kind of shark was it?
        I have no idea lol

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
          Thanks for the report. I would like to check out the reef sometime, not been having much luck with keeper flounder this year down at the beach.

I am pretty sure Lynnhaven launch is open 24/7. Did they have it closed off or something?
          I went to the launch at the narrow because one of the camper report puppy drum aren there. Where are other launch for Lynnhaven?

I think you should go to the reef early to avoid boat traffic, good luck. You should bring extra rig, you will get snagged drifting there.

Comment

Ok, so you probably tried to go to 1st landing park then. There are probably some pups back over there, but I know for a fact that other areas of lynnhaven are loaded with pups right now. I will try to take a video if I run into another big school of them this weekend.

Comment

Nice going Khanh! First shark must have put a big smile on your face bro!
              I hope you kept the bluefish! They are super tasty Masgouf style!
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Sounds like fun! Next time, try tandem hooking the bait... one hook up front and one in the tail. Blues have a knack for avoiding hooks.
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                  Nice going Khanh! First shark must have put a big smile on your face bro!
                  I hope you kept the bluefish! They are super tasty Masgouf style!
                  Yea it was fun to catch the first shark and please be the last. I want good eating fish!! I took the blue, my mom put it on the grill as soon as I got back. I will try Masgouf blue next time.

Comment

Gota love croaker! Im always suprised by the fight they give.
                    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Sounds like a good morning and thanks for sharing the awesome pic!

Comment

Working...
                      X