No announcement yet.

Whats happening at Triadelphia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was fishing below the dam last night. More water than normal coming out of the dam. The river was stained brown. Saw a bunch of trout feeding. Caught none.

Comment

Triadelphia lake rd is where we launch. I immediately head to the first cove straight and then back out and left.

Comment

Dead Shad

Also forgot to mention that there was a bunch of dead shad in the river below Brighton Dam. Not sure if that is normal. I remember seeing them more when it was cold.
        Last edited by DanMarino; 08-19-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Thats normal. Happens every year. Gizzard shad I think. They over populate and then die off

Comment

Was at the greenbridge area on Sun afternoon and caught a nice perch on a long repala. Missed a few fish as well. Lots of bait every where. The fish finder was picking up massive clouds and birds where crashing the surface .
            PigPen - Mt Airy
            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
              Was at the greenbridge area on Sun afternoon and caught a nice perch on a long repala. Missed a few fish as well. Lots of bait every where. The fish finder was picking up massive clouds and birds where crashing the surface .
              How was the water level?
              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
                How was the water level?
                Still pretty low. You could still launch from a trailer at greenbridge, but lots of sunk trees are exposed and there is an island coming out of the water up the bay from the launch. I saw lots of fish near the downed trees but down 12-15'. I should have called an expert on fishing the lake to get some advice on colors and trolling methods. Jigging wasn't working for me.
                PigPen - Mt Airy
                Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Triadelphia is tough. Jointed rapalas work well for trolling deep. Fish the structure with jigheads, poppers, spinnerbaits. Frogs too but only off structure. You will laugh but we have caught striper, walleye and crappie on rooster tails there trolling a boat.

Comment

What launches are open for an actual boat to launch from a trailer?

Comment

Greenbridge rd should be ok. Off of new hampshire

Comment

Anything on the Howard county side?

Comment

Not to launch a boat right now. There is 2 ramps, but not gonna work this time of year. They are great in the spring though!

Comment

Originally posted by freshstripes View Post
                            What launches are open for an actual boat to launch from a trailer?
                            Launched at Triadelphia Lake road ramp this past sunday and the ramp there is fine. Water does seem to be about 3-4 feet low right now compared to a month ago when we were there.
                            The fishing sucked though. We managed 1 small LMB, a tiny bluegill that attacked my crank bait that was about the same size as it was and a 8" crappie that hit a spinner bait I got from Sparky.
                            There was pods of minnows all over the place on the surface and I guess the bass had already had plenty to eat. Didn't see anyone else catching either but did run into one guy that said he caught a bunch on crankbaits up farther towards the shallow end in about 7' of water. I guess maybe we went the wrong direction figuring the fishing would be better in cleaner water.

Went up the cove to check out the Big Branch launch and its real shallow there. Saw a few people trekking through the mud to get their yaks in the water.
                            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                            X