Make-up meet and greet for March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make-up meet and greet for March

This is just a feeler post to see if there is any interest in a make up March meet and greet. Please inform me if I'm overstepping my boundaries by making this post.

So, obviously the weather really screwed everyone that was interested in fishing tomorrow. I got with Yakscientist, who was hosting tomorrow's m&g, to see if he'd want to co-host a make up day. It is pretty short notice but we both decided on the morning of sunday March 19th.

This m&g would be held at one of my community (Arden on the Severn) beaches, on the Severn River. I've had Yakscientist out of my launch multiple times so he is familiar with the area as well. I've already reserved the beach to rent if we go ahead with plans. The area we will be fishing is the mid-Severn River which is home to striped bass (resident and migrating but will be catch and release and have caught some nice ones quite recently), pickerel, yellow perch, and white perch (may still be too cold for the whites).

The parking lot will accommodate parking for about 40 vehicles comfortably so if we get a ton of interest, carpooling would be best. The waters edge is about 50 feet from the parking lot which is all sand so you may not need your carts.

Due to being the off season there will NOT be any porta-potties. Most of us can use the cover of mother nature if our back teeth are floating but if you need to "drop the kids off at the pool", try to get that done before or after the trip.

As for lunch, I can inform a local restaurant/bar, "Herald Harbor Hideaway", how many we have coming but they do not take reservations. I know the owner so I'll talk with him about it. Don't think it'll be an issue though. Or if anyone has any other restaurants in mind in the Annapolis/Crofton/Millersville area, please chime in.

Please let me know on this post if you're interested. If we have enough interested, we will continue with the plans.

Thank you!
    Last edited by supfisher01; 03-10-2017, 07:35 PM.

Even if nobody else comes, I will be there. Really itching to get back to my bread and butter trolling. But like steve said, this is a great spot. I've caught many keeper fish just a few yards from shore, and many out in the deeper channels mid-river. There are many spots to seek out fish, especially if winds are low. I will be happy to act as co-host and give as many tips to those who show up. Typically the depths are between 8-15 feet, increasing to a bit over 20 in the middle of the river. All the usual soft plastics have done the trick for me here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

The fish are here and biting! Here are some of this mornings catches.

Comment

Nice fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
        Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
        Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          Nice fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thank you! Come on out to the m&g, if you can. You could hook up to some of these too!

Comment

I am in providing I don't get called into work again, or the winds don't cooperate. What time are you planning on launching? High tide is at 11:04AM.
            Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

As of right now, let's plan on getting there with enough time to launch by 8:00am (edited from 7:00am). Even if the wind does pick up a little bit we will be launching out of a somewhat protected creek/s (right where Valentine and Plum Creeks meet)
              Last edited by supfisher01; 03-18-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Here is the address for anyone wondering how far they'll have to travel.

802 Valentine View, Crownsville, MD 21032

Comment

Also you might've considered this but sunrise will be an hour later by then.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                    Also you might've considered this but sunrise will be an hour later by then.

Yes sir. There should be enough sun popping out for us to safely travel the waters without navigation lights.

Comment

Excellent. So be there and ready to launch by 7 right? Sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                        Excellent. So be there and ready to launch by 7 right? Sounds good

Correct

Comment

Ah, the old Herald Harbor Hideaway. I used to live a few blocks away from there, it is a great spot. In one of the ironies of life, I lived right by the water but all I wanted to do was live in the woods and shoot deer. Now I live in the woods and all I want to do is fish.

I would love to attend, depending on the temps. I have finally admitted to myself that if my hands are cold all day, I don't have any fun.
                          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
                            Ah, the old Herald Harbor Hideaway. I used to live a few blocks away from there, it is a great spot. In one of the ironies of life, I lived right by the water but all I wanted to do was live in the woods and shoot deer. Now I live in the woods and all I want to do is fish.

I would love to attend, depending on the temps. I have finally admitted to myself that if my hands are cold all day, I don't have any fun.
                            Very ironic haha! Sounds good. As of now, they're calling for it to be just above freezing in the early am but will ripen up to a nice upper 40's later on. Let's hope the 40% chance of morning rain stays away. I hope you get to revisit your old stomping grounds.

Also, if anyone would like to arrive and launch later than 7:00am, you're more than welcome. I will be leaving the gate open to all guests that reply to this thread.
                            Last edited by supfisher01; 03-11-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Steve - Thanks for offering to do this. I had a chance to fish in Steve's home waters for a short time this week and got one fish before mechanical difficulties sent me back to the launch early. I am tentatively interested but cannot get there on a Sunday morning until about 10:30. Do you know how long the group will remain on the water?

For those others who plan to attend, please read Steve's original post. He noted that he will rent the community beach for the morning. I have attended several picnics there held by residents who had to rent the facility. The rental fee is not a trivial amount. I hope that those who do take advantage of Steve's willingness to host will contribute a few bucks to help him cover the rental cost.
                              John Veil
                              Annapolis
                              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                              X