Susky flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susky flats

It was a Good evening on the flats today, the winds died down and the fish were spread out but I managed to find some around 4pm trolling with some paddle tails in 8-10 feet o water, then I jigged up a sporadic few by a red buoy ..
    But then between 6:30-830 on I found a nice school of good sized fish and it was game on!!!

I got about 18 fish from 20-28" out there, the one that "got away" broke my line, maybe it was my drag, but I just couldn't get to my pole fast enough as it slammed it hard..
    the biggest I got was 28 inch fish and it put up a great fight,

I didn't have any luck on top water, but the yozuri lures just crushed it after they stopped hitting the paddle tails.
    In the evening the fish had moved into about 4-6 feet of water and some small ledges.

Hopefully it will stay as good for the meet and greet!

They were spread out, but lots of boats out in the evening for a Tuesday.

Oh and I was discussing with a local fisherman if the spawn had finished, and he said no way!
    I thought the fish were done spawning, but the big 28" fish that I caught left my kayak covered in well you know, lots of white spawning fluid! Lol
    -thoughts ?
    The big cows aren't there but I think there's plenty of mid sized fun fish out there.

-matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Hobie Matt View Post
    It was a Good evening on the flats today, the winds died down and the fish were spread out but I managed to find some around 4pm trolling with some paddle tails in 8-10 feet o water, then I jigged up a sporadic few by a red buoy ..
    But then between 6:30-830 on I found a nice school of good sized fish and it was game on!!!

I got about 18 fish from 20-28" out there, the one that "got away" broke my line, maybe it was my drag, but I just couldn't get to my pole fast enough as it slammed it hard..
    the biggest I got was 28 inch fish and it put up a great fight,

I didn't have any luck on top water, but the yozuri lures just crushed it after they stopped hitting the paddle tails.
    In the evening the fish had moved into about 4-6 feet of water and some small ledges.

Hopefully it will stay as good for the meet and greet!

They were spread out, but lots of boats out in the evening for a Tuesday.

Oh and I was discussing with a local fisherman if the spawn had finished, and he said no way!
    I thought the fish were done spawning, but the big 28" fish that I caught left my kayak covered in well you know, lots of white spawning fluid! Lol
    -thoughts ?
    The big cows aren't there but I think there's plenty of mid sized fun fish out there.

-matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for report, I am still thinking the weather pattern this spring messed with the spawn for all fish. I am still catching and seeing Shad Spawning in an area I fish which seems awfully late in the year to catch them.

I will be hitting the Flats tonight as well I will report back my results
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Thanks for the Report Matt
      It's looking better for the meet and greet.

And it sounds like you did better than Ron did. But you need to remind him to Smile in the pictures.
      Red Hobie outback
      Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X