Rocky Gorge today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge today

First time out on the kayak this year. Got 3 including this good one.

Nice job! I was at Triadelphia this afternoon.

Comment

Was it crowded? I've never seen so many kayak fishermen on one body of water before lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Acwatkins,

Yes, Triadelphia was very crowded too. Lots of boats and kayaks. Surprised the boats could launch from the Greenbridge ramp with the water so low. I couldn't get away from 2 guys. Maybe they were from here, but I hope not. They were around 20 years old were in kayaks live lining live bait behind their kayaks with bobbers. They wouldn’t stop talking and were very loud to each other the whole time. Every 5th word was f- this m-f- that. They were near me for what seemed like 1.5 hours. I didn’t see them catch anything, but they were talking like they were kings of the reservoir. I caught a bass within 30 feet of one of the guys off a rocky point, so I enjoyed unhooking and photographing the fish in front of them. After that I paddled away back to the ramp.
        Nice day. I’m going to be sore from paddling. I'm sure my neck is red.

Comment

acwatkins,

That's a heck of a fish. Nice going.

Tom -- I think people don't realize how far voices carry on the water. I too would be annoyed by loud talking and a steady parade of F-bombs. There's a crabber on Kent Island who routinely listens to talk radio while working. I can hear him before I see him.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
            Acwatkins,

Yes, Triadelphia was very crowded too. Lots of boats and kayaks. Surprised the boats could launch from the Greenbridge ramp with the water so low. I couldn't get away from 2 guys. Maybe they were from here, but I hope not. They were around 20 years old were in kayaks live lining live bait behind their kayaks with bobbers. They wouldn’t stop talking and were very loud to each other the whole time. Every 5th word was f- this m-f- that. They were near me for what seemed like 1.5 hours. I didn’t see them catch anything, but they were talking like they were kings of the reservoir. I caught a bass within 30 feet of one of the guys off a rocky point, so I enjoyed unhooking and photographing the fish in front of them. After that I paddled away back to the ramp.
            Nice day. I’m going to be sore from paddling. I'm sure my neck is red.
            It shocks me how much kayak fishing has taken off since I got into it around 5-6 years ago. It seems like with the prices going down just about anyone can get out there... not always the best case. Don't get me wrong, I can get loud when excited, in fact upon landing this one I let out a few loud hoots. However, I cannot stand disrespectful, overly loud people on the water. Glad you were able to still get some fish thought. I sure was sore yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              acwatkins,

That's a heck of a fish. Nice going.

Tom -- I think people don't realize how far voices carry on the water. I too would be annoyed by loud talking and a steady parade of F-bombs. There's a crabber on Kent Island who routinely listens to talk radio while working. I can hear him before I see him.
              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by acwatkins View Post
                It shocks me how much kayak fishing has taken off since I got into it around 5-6 years ago. It seems like with the prices going down just about anyone can get out there... not always the best case.
                It's like flying now.

I can't remember the last time I've been on a plane with an empty seat!

I often share a row with a bag lady who has stuffed the overhead bin full and still has the results of a shopping spree at her a feet.

And then of course she needs to the bathroom several times during the flight...

Sorry for the diversion. It just seemed to be an apt comparison -- crowded waters and crowded jets and equal annoyances.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  It's like flying now.

I can't remember the last time I've been on a plane with an empty seat!

I often share a row with a bag lady who has stuffed the overhead bin full and still has the results of a shopping spree at her a feet.

And then of course she needs to the bathroom several times during the flight...

Sorry for the diversion. It just seemed to be an apt comparison -- crowded waters and crowded jets and equal annoyances.
                  Hahaha I agree completely. Crowded spaces are the opposite of enjoyable for me. That's why my passions are fishing and hunting.

Comment

Nice Bass! Been wanting to try Rocky Gorge, just have to find a good live bait shop close where I can buy minnows.
                    Gregory
                    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                    2014 Pro Angler 12
                    '

Comment

Working...
                    X