Nj flounder 7/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nj flounder 7/17

Day started out reallllll slow but as soon as the tide switched the bite was on FIRE. Easily boat 50+ fish and eeked out a limit of 5 fish between 18"-22". The highlight was a fat 22" that actually ate my buck tail and my teaser. The teaser was in his lip and the buck tail was so far down it's throat I had to cut it out! That's how you know the bite is hot. My navionics app said I covered 8nm and I pretty much caught flounder on every square inch. Awesome day even though most of the fish were micros

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Nice catching!! Flounder is one of my favorite fish to catch and eat! Pink worked the best for you?

Comment

Nice fish, Romo. I would love to catch up with you sometime and fish the salt. We live reasonably close so it looks like it is easily doable.
      2012 Hobie Outback
      2014 Tarpon 100

Comment

Pink was hot that day but every day its different. For that particular spot they seem to really like a pink/chartreuse combo on the bucktail and teaser. I really enjoy trying to pattern fluke so I will just keep trying things until I get them. If they don't bite on gulp I will strip a croaker or sea robin or whatever else I can catch and sometimes that does the trick.
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
        X