CHSP July 8 and 11 - No triggerfish yet, but there are plenty of Togs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP July 8 and 11 - No triggerfish yet, but there are plenty of Togs

I couldn't believe that there were no triggerfish at the walls.
    Though there were plenty of Togs at the ocean side of outer wall where the water was colder. I think Togging will be good at the outer wall for the next few weeks from July 17th.

The most of togs were 17-20" ( in 8-15' of water). And I saw many togs at 22-25" range (15-18' of water). I am coming back for big togs for sure. Hopefully triggerfish arrive soon.

Hooked a 6-7ft shark on a buck-tail. This thing went straight to the beach from the light house (the outer wall), and made a 90 degree turn once when I was tired to chasing it. The 50# test line and 20# drag was meaningless for this fish. I need a bigger reel (more line) for a shark.

Flounder were small. One out of 4-5 was a keeper

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Nice! Thanks for the video report
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Very nice, I thought you would start fishing here again, I was looking forward to your report. hoping I can make it over that way soon.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Please let us know when you head out there again. I would love to join you one weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sushiplease View Post
          Please let us know when you head out there again. I would love to join you one weekend.
          Joe Can't make it there this week but next week Ill be there Thursday. You think you'll be there? Good video as always. Missed your videos. It's a good warm up to get me excited to get out there again.
          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
            Joe Can't make it there this week but next week Ill be there Thursday. You think you'll be there? Good video as always. Missed your videos. It's a good warm up to get me excited to get out there again.
            Oh, I might be able to go. You're located in Rockville? I'm in North Potomac so maybe we can carpool and split cost. Have room for another yak on your ride or maybe I'll pick up a yakima stacker and we can put both on my forester.

Comment

I can fit 2 on my car but i will be surf fishing in OC the night before. Is that ok for u?
              The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

I can fit 2 on my car but i will be surf fishing in OC the night before. Is that ok for u?
                That's a lot of fishing haha. Might have to pass, not sure how the wife feels about me leaving for that much time since we just had our first born, 3 months ago. I'll let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by sushiplease View Post
                  That's a lot of fishing haha. Might have to pass, not sure how the wife feels about me leaving for that much time since we just had our first born, 3 months ago. I'll let you know!
                  I will let you know if I change my plans as well.

Comment

I will let you know if I change my plans as well.
                    Sushiplease I will actually be leaving Thursday early am to go straight to Delaware and will not be surf fishing. Let me know if you still want to go. If I go I will be on the water for a really long time though. I launch at first light and come in around or after sun down. I'll be fishing for tog during the day and flounders in the later evening. Is that ok with you? We should be back in the Rockville area by 10 or 11 pm. Let me know.

Comment

Sushiplease I will actually be leaving Thursday early am to go straight to Delaware and will not be surf fishing. Let me know if you still want to go. If I go I will be on the water for a really long time though. I launch at first light and come in around or after sun down. I'll be fishing for tog during the day and flounders in the later evening. Is that ok with you? We should be back in the Rockville area by 10 or 11 pm. Let me know.
                      Sounds like a day full of red bull and espresso. I think I could do that, I'll shoot you over my contact. Where in rockville are you located?

Comment

Joe let me know next time and I'll bring my fins. You good for any mid week trips next week?
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Great video! What kind of lures do you use for tog?
                          Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                          Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Tog don't hit lures except for rare cases. You can use crabs, sandfleas, shrimp, and clams on a 2/0-4/0 octopus hook.
                            Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Anyone ever tried shrimp fishbites for tog? I have some and will bring in my next tog expedition...
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                              X