SPSP - 4/17/2011 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP - 4/17/2011 Report

Well we decided to hit the sand today and try for a early season cow. We scoped SPSP last Sunday and had our fill of 15 to 24 inch fish. With hopes of bigger fish we hit the road around 4:30 AM and stopped by Anglers to take out a loan and buy 3 dz bloods (Ouch).

We pulled into SPSP around 5:30 AM to find a new body of water between the parking lot and the point. It must have been nasty there yesterday. After looking up and down the only way to cross was in front of the bathrooms. It was only 6 inches deep there.

So now it was 5:45 Am and it was cold and our feet were soaked. Not a good start to the day. We setup to the right of the point and in the snag monsters lair. luckily it only wanted snacks today and took a mere 3 rigs the whole day.

On a side not. If you use 50lb braid please bring a wood dowel or other object to wrap and break you line with. We pulled about 100 yards of line out of the snag monsters mouth today. Maybe that's why it was so kind to us.

The rest of the story is wrapped up in the video recap below.

SPSP 4/17/2011 Recap

thanks for the report...and nice video.

i had no luck on sunday either....will post a report today.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Thanks for the report. Should bring waders next time, stay dry and you won't have to throw the fish, they have a gentler release.

Comment

That's the first thing i thought of while walking thru the new lake SPSP. I continued to curse at my self for forgetting them while squishing around on the beach with cold sloppy tennis shoes

The silly fish would beach themselves after my try at gentle releases. I had to coax them with a little shove several times.

I should have brought my Kayak. I could have ferried people back to the parking lot and made some coin.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post

I should have brought my Kayak. I could have ferried people back to the parking lot and made some coin.

LOL

thanks for the report

love the vid!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X