Are Rod holders reallynecessarg on the ProAngler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Rod holders reallynecessarg on the ProAngler

I was looking at the ProAngler configuration again and it occurred to me that since the boat has horizontal storage for six rods, the Scotty rod holders I was going to have installed on the sideboard may be superfluous.

Pro: Might be handy to hold rod while busy with something else.
    Cons: More stuff to catch and tangle line.

BTW, has anyone found that rod holders sometimes interfere with boating a fish?

Don't know about with the Pro angler but I never had a problem with my rod holders getting it the way when trying to boat a fish. Mostly I think the rod holders are far enough forward that they are out of the way. If you had a holder with an extender right beside your hip/thigh area then maybe it could get in the way but otherwise All depends on how you are planning to use that yacht as well.. Casting cranks, jigs and soft plastics for largemouth you are probably right that they would just get in the way. Live lineing the BB though or drifting bait and wanting to use more than one rod, the rod holders are going to be handy. Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

take it out and try it without the rod holders and if you think man id like to have a rod holder up front then get one. i have one on each side up front and hardly ever use the built in flush mounts but thats me. i like to watch the rod tips as im trolling or drifting looking for hits or grass build up

Comment

You really don't need them for rod storage but they are helpful for watching the rod when trolling or drift fishing. The other built in rod holders are behnd you and almost straight up making it hard to watch. You can always take the Scotty rod holders out of the low profile mounts when they are not needed and store them in that really big forward storage compartment.

Comment

You mean the beer cooler, right?

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
          You really don't need them for rod storage but they are helpful for watching the rod when trolling or drift fishing. The other built in rod holders are behnd you and almost straight up making it hard to watch. You can always take the Scotty rod holders out of the low profile mounts when they are not needed and store them in that really big forward storage compartment.
          I thought the really big forward storage compartment was designed to keep beer on ice.

I was going to pay for this yak by selling iced Coronas to the paddle kayakers when we're out on the water. Know there are many days I would have paid ten bucks for a cold beer.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post

I thought the really big forward storage compartment was designed to keep beer on ice.

I was going to pay for this yak by selling iced Coronas to the paddle kayakers when we're out on the water. Know there are many days I would have paid ten bucks for a cold beer.

Thanks for the tips.
            HEY ....... HEY ........... beer and soda to the fried Yakers was my concession : ......... .. but we might could talk about a franchaise for ya ......

You could use it for a cooler but the front compartment is not insulated and a little far to reach for every beer .......

Comment

Pool Noodles - The yakkers duct tape

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
              HEY ....... HEY ........... beer and soda to the fried Yakers was my concession : ......... .. but we might could talk about a franchaise for ya ......

You could use it for a cooler but the front compartment is not insulated and a little far to reach for every beer .......
              Thought about the insulation. I was just going to duct tape pool noodles around the tub.

Comment

Thought about the insulation. I was just going to duct tape pool noodles around the tub.
                Won't work ........... you won't be able to put it back in the opening if you insulate it that way ....... won't fit

Comment

Kinda new that but was fun talking about it.

Just have to drink the beer early in the day, befor the ice melts.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.
                    when i was in the Marine Corps, I went to a Grateful Dead concert and then sold over 300 cases of beer at 3 bucks a pop, to make money for the next concert. Believe me, If you build it , they will come.

Comment

Originally posted by fjarhead View Post
                      when i was in the Marine Corps, I went to a Grateful Dead concert and then sold over 300 cases of beer at 3 bucks a pop, to make money for the next concert. Believe me, If you build it , they will come.

Yes .......... come get my special Salty Dog Lager ..........

Comment

Being a Marine, I'm sure beer is all you sold. . .

. . . but was probably not the highest commodity in demand.

Comment

Working...
                        X