Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended spots for southern New Jersey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended spots for southern New Jersey?

I'll be in Millville in a few weekends to do some racing. I won't have any races on Sunday so I'll be going somewhere to fish in the morning until midday.

I grew up in Millville many years ago but didn't fish much at the time. However, Union lake was a pretty good bass fishery, there is a nice ramp with ample parking off of Carmel Rd (large brown entrance sign off of Carmel Rd). I've never fished the Menantico Ponds but have heard they are pretty good also. That should give you some ideas to google for more specific information. I have fished the Maurice River in town (from main street bridge) found mostly catfish so unless you get better info I'd stay away from there (although further down river may be better. Hope it helps.

Comment

I'm looking for some saltwater spots since no license is required. Last year I tried the Maurice and backwater area from Rt670 and all I got was a stupid saltwater cat.

Comment

Watch out for the millbillies. Menantico ponds has some good to great pickerel fishing and is down that way. Some decent crabbing off the maurice but its really marshy and filled with greenheads in my experience.
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

OK, again it's been many years since I've been there however, you should check the town of Fortescue and also Gandys Beach. Gandys Beach had a marina with ramp. They are relatively close to the race track/airport as well. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully I have something worth reporting next week.

Comment

You don't need a fishing license but you do have to register online,its free.

Comment

Working...
              X