Dirty Water at Lewes after the Storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Water at Lewes after the Storm?

Anyone have an idea if the storm on Fri will make the water dirty enough at Lewes (RI and CHSP) on Sat to make flounder fishing dismal?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

I have the same question, looking to maybe do some fishing in the surf tonight but not sure if the water will be clean enough. any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      Anyone have an idea if the storm on Fri will make the water dirty enough at Lewes (RI and CHSP) on Sat to make flounder fishing dismal?
      I just got back this morning from there. It was calm last night when I was fishing the pier, but I didn't launch in the morning cause the winds picked up to 20+ and heavy rain. It clear and not mucked up when I left at 7:45 am. It was still raining, but when I left it had been raining and blowing for about 2 - 3 hours so I don't know how long conditions stayed that way after I left. The rain was in heavy spurts and not consistent. Th Longest Stretch of heavy rain that I fished through was about 45 minutes.
      The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
        I just got back this morning from there. It was calm last night when I was fishing the pier, but I didn't launch in the morning cause the winds picked up to 20+ and heavy rain. It clear and not mucked up when I left at 7:45 am. It was still raining, but when I left it had been raining and blowing for about 2 - 3 hours so I don't know how long conditions stayed that way after I left. The rain was in heavy spurts and not consistent. Th Longest Stretch of heavy rain that I fished through was about 45 minutes.
        Thanks. I figure the water will be too murky, and the wind would be too high to go to the Outer Wall on Sat. So, decided not to fish tomorrow. Maybe next weekend.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

The outerwall would have been tough Saturday; I ended up fishing at Broadkill beach, quite rough and windy. By the afternoon the wind and chop died down to nothing. Caught a few croakers but that's it. Great day nonetheless.
          Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Working...
          X