No announcement yet.

4th of July Weekend, avoid the crowds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Weekend, avoid the crowds?

This might be an overly optimistic question but does anyone have a recommendation for a good spot to take the family fishing from our kayaks this weekend? I really want to take advantage of the long weekend but I don't want to run into the other 10 million people with the same idea.
    Ride 135 Green
    Big Tuna Orange
    12ft Bote HD
    Outback Blue with Orange Deck

The question of this year this is! We are thinking Broadkill Beach, get there super early with a truck on the beach and a few canopys and set up to stay all day...the little ones will hopefully nap at the beach. Or try Slaughter Beach, quite a few roads that you can park on that run perpendicular to the bay.
    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

What is the first drivable beach (legal kind) in the bay? I think you are good on south bowers and the beach at the end of Bennetts Pier Rd. I can't imagine they are too crowded. You could setup and fish a few hundred yards from shore. I think the focus will be much farther south.

Has anyone put out from bowers beach and fished from there? I paddled out of Port Mahon before, good cat fishing and some rays.
      Ride 135 Green
      Big Tuna Orange
      12ft Bote HD

Comment

South of Lewes is always insane...the last few years Rt 1 has been ungodly past the Nassau Bridge. Our plan this year is to see a late movie tomorrow night then head down, arriving in the wee hours of the morning and leaving at lunch Sunday...we'll see, just glad my folks don't have a place in Bethany anymore...now that was a bad drive on holiday weekends.

Not sure about Bowers...I'm kind of curious now too.
        Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Well, you can drive out at the end of the Bennett's Pier rd. It would also be a good place to park and launch considering the walk would be less than 50 yards and only half of that is sand. By Saturday, the water was still pretty murky from the storm. I saw some folks pulling in snapper and croaker. I managed to catch the smallest toad fish I have ever seen. The horseflies were pretty rough and the smell of dead horseshoe crabs coming off the marsh was strong.
          Ride 135 Green
          Big Tuna Orange
          12ft Bote HD

Comment

Working...
          X