Rigging ProAngler Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigging ProAngler Advice

Well, the new ProAngler is on the way. The following is first draft of my rigging plan.

Humminbird 597 ci HD DI on port mounting board a few inches in front of seat.

Scotty bait rod holder on port mounting board in front of fish finder.

Scotty fly rod holder on starboard mounting board.

Anchor trolly on port side. (Anyone use drift sock?)

Yak Attack light/flag on stern dead center to the rear of the rudder access hatch.

BTW, it just occured to me that if I use the Hobbie live well in cargo area, I may not be able to stow the Hobbie cart back there. Is this true?

FYI, for what it is worth, according ot Humminbird rep name Juanita, who seemed more knowledgable than others on staff, the 597 DI unit will work fine with the included transducer mountined shoot-thru-Hull. Her supervisor, Sharon, confirmed the opinion. Guess I'll let you know soon.

They also did not recommend using side imaging units on kayaks (or self-propelled boats). Talked me out of getting their side imaging unit.

looks like everythings ready to go except for the hobie portable foot and back massager and the hobie PA hernia belt. drift socks are nice to have to slow your drift i need to use mine more.

Comment

Thanks, Surf Dog

. . . I'll get in touch next week and maybe plan on a shakedown cruise. Hope temps will be up by then.

See some of you are already out. What are water temps now?

ProAngler folks, hope you will chime in on suggestions for configuration. Do positions seem to make sense?

Comment

Sounds like your ready ......... dang your fast

Comment

Sounds like an awesome rig, one day I will save up for that I would love to check it out once you get it on the water if you are up for showing it off.

Comment

Saving up for one is good

...I learned too late in life the financial and character building advantages of savings. Just turned 58 and still had to go to the credit union in order to get this rig the way I want. But want to get some of this fishing in while I'm still fit enough to last the day.

Comment

rigging

just a note, be care where you rig your equipment. you dont want to have your fishing line getting caught on all the nifty gear.(((((((And IT WILL)))))).

Comment

[QUOTE=

BTW, it just occured to me that if I use the Hobbie live well in cargo area, I may not be able to stow the Hobbie cart back there. Is this true?

[/QUOTE]

i use the rudder bungees in the back to hold the hobie cart.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by fjarhead View Post
                  just a note, be care where you rig your equipment. you dont want to have your fishing line getting caught on all the nifty gear.(((((((And IT WILL)))))).
                  I was hoping that I could get some advice on this for just this reason. I always get line aggravation when I flyfish off my Ride135. I guess spin gear is more forgiving.

My idea was to keep the two scotty rod holders and fish finder as close to the seat as usable. I'm halfway thinking that I should just have one Scotty rod holder up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                    i use the rudder bungees in the back to hold the hobie cart.
                    I just go and put it back in my truck until i need it again. just adds weight and takes up space.

Comment

Working...
                    X