Croaker fishing on the eastern shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croaker fishing on the eastern shore

I plan on launching over by Romancoke pier on Sunday, and just wondering were and how to catch some Croaker? I heard use fresh shrimp or bloodworms around the crab pot lines. Any input would be helpful and if any one would like to join me there welcome to.

last week when I went out they were catching some nice ones right around the bay bridge by spsp. shrimp will probably be best but bloodworms and squid will work also.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

the last time i was there caught only spot and small blues, but it was rough and did not venture too far. past the duck blind and the buoy in front of the pier the depth drops off pretty well check there with bws

Comment

Thanks for the input, I actually launched today from Annapolis. At the Severn river fishing pier there is a beach to launch from. Went towards the bay about 3/4 of a mile from there and started catching croaker. I stopped by Annapolis seafood to get a squid and some shrimp before launching. I caught four nice ones and was only out for about 2 hours.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good job! Nice report

Comment

nice job, i was just down river from you sunday. went out at the navy rec. center by the trip. towers slow but still boated 5 keeper croakers and some throw back spot

Comment

awsome job guys! ive been thing about hitting yp eastern bay at romancoke or going to matapeake and drifting strips of spot for flounder. if i can get off of work, maybe friday
              sigpic

Comment

micky said he saw a cobia following a school of blues he was chasing off matapeake last week with blues to 16" before a ass rock hall charter capt. ran threw them at full speed and split them into 4 pods. the cobia was 24" dorsal to tail.

Comment

croakers on severn river

This am saw another yak by the old severn river bridge, about center span, had several keeper croakers. I was fly fishing looking for some breakers, then just paddled awhile.

Comment

this is the 4h time ive heard of a cobia sighting....

even though it's not impossible, i find it so unlikely! lol

on saturday i saw a couple rays com up out of the water and their wings looked a lot like a dorsal fin when out of the water...(never seen one splash like that before)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                      this is the 4h time ive heard of a cobia sighting....

even though it's not impossible, i find it so unlikely! lol

on saturday i saw a couple rays com up out of the water and their wings looked a lot like a dorsal fin when out of the water...(never seen one splash like that before)
                      That is true that it's unlikely... Very unlikely... but I think a MANATEE in the bay is extremely and more unlikely.... There was one in the bay about 2-3 weeks ago. LOL... Wonder if someone caught him and got a citation for it j/k...LOL..

Comment

Micky knows rays and how they swim, said it was definitely not a ray, i thought it might be a shark.

Comment

Working...
                        X